Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

I'm married! Vendor Reviews

We got married on May 18. It was an absolutely amazing day and we were so thankful the weather cooperated! We were able to have our ceremony outside and got some fantastic pictures afterward. Here are my reviews on the vendors we  chose.

Ceremony and Reception: Solera A+
Libby was very easy to work with and was extremely helpful in making sure the details were met. She was very responsive to emails and was present at the event to make sure things were running smoothly. We felt their pricing was really reasonable and absolutely loved the space. Our ceremony was held on the roof top and I was really happy with how intimate it ended up feeling. Plus, the backdrop of the Minneapolis skyline was so dramatic! Looks awesome in photos. The reception was held on their second floor event space--The Barcelona Room. This worked well for our size (86 people attended). I was initially worried about having a round table for a head table, but it seemed to work out fine. The food was delicious as were the sangrias we provided. Both of us received numerous compliments on the food, with people saying it was the best wedding food they'd ever had! Our only concern was we ended up running out of paella and wished we had gone with our instinct instead of going with Solera's recommendation. But overall, this was a fantastic experience.

Cake: Lunds/Byerly's A+
Solera was initially going to make our cake, but their pastry chef resigned about a month before our wedding. We went through Byerly's and had a delicious cake. They were even willing to work with the heirloom cake topper we had. Prices were reasonable and we liked the different flavor combinations available. Plus, it tasted delicious!

Officiant: Judge Cass A+
We met with Judge Cass at his home in Stillwater. We were immediately made to feel comfortable and we decided within 10 minutes that we wanted to hire him. You can tell he loves performing wedding ceremonies and really enjoys tailoring them to the individual couple. He did ad-lib during the ceremony which I wasn't expecting, but we had many people tell us later how much they enjoyed the  ceremony mainly the fact that it was so relaxed and individualized. He is very, very easy to communicate with via email.

Music: DJ--Instant Request, String Quartet--Arco Strings A
They were both very good. The DJ spoke with us a couple days before the wedding to review our requests which was much appreciated. The string quartet sounded beautiful and we liked that they were open to our suggestions and preferences.

Florist: Luna Vinca A
Jennifer was so nice! I enjoyed working with her. I felt she was very open to what I was looking for and also very respectful of my budget. She was open to discussing ways of having flowers perform "double duty" and was good with email communication. My flowers were so cheerful and pretty!

Photography: Joe Dickie with Generation Photography A+++++
I seriously cannot rate Joe high enough. We had a pretty disastrous engagement session with another photographer and my mom found him when searching different companies in the Twin Cities (photography was my parents gift to us). We had an initial meeting for a mini engagement session after spending about 45 minutes getting to know us. Our photos from that session were back to us by the end of the day. We were so impressed with his work. He was very helpful with planning the itinerary for photos and during the wedding we were really unaware of his presence. We just got our photos back today and they brought both of us to tears. They are all absolutely amazing and even better than I was expecting. I cannot recommend him enough. He is worth his rate.

Guest Accommodations: Double Tree in Downtown Minneapolis: C
While the rooms were actually very nice and I haven't heard of any complaints, our experience working with them was less than ideal. The original person we were working with left at some point, yet I never received notice or had emails bounce back to me. My husband finally called and got us in touch with their new contact. After getting their booking site set up, we realized they had the incorrect date for the wedding. They then told us only two people used our hotel block when a good portion of our guests stayed there. Of course they may have booked through expedia or something, so that may not be on them. Overall, this vendor was the least easy to work with. 

Transportation: MIK Limo A
We only used this during the cocktail hour for wedding party photographs. We had a cadillac limo which was pretty decked out inside. We had a red carpet waiting for us to get in and they were playing fun music inside. Definitely got the job done and the price was reasonable.

Alterations: Brenda at Amazing Alterations A-
She did great work. My dress turned out amazing and she was open to my feedback on the fit and the bustle. My only concern was that her dogs were running around in the studio at my final fitting (she requires everyone to take their shoes off to come in, so it seemed odd that she would let her dogs run around) and that she had forgotten to tell me to bring a sheet to help keep my dress pressed for my final fitting. My dress wrinkles easily and can't be steamed, so I was a little frustrated that she had forgotten to discuss that with me when it came time for my final fitting. But overall, she did great work and the dress looked so beautiful! I would recommend her.

Re: I'm married! Vendor Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards