Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

National Aviary in Pittsburgh help!!

Has anyone had the wedding and/or reception at the aviary? They are not responding to my emails (maybe I'm being too impatient). However, I have a few questions. Do they allow outside catering? I'm looking to hopefully do both our wedding ceremony and reception there. About how much am I looking at if I have the ceremony at the rose garden? They have several different prices on their website. Do they have any discounts for having this on special days or what not?

Thanks!! Smile

Re: National Aviary in Pittsburgh help!!

• Options
    We are currently in the process of booking our wedding at The Aviary as well, and yes, Jessie has been lacking in her responsiveness which makes me very worried. We are also going for the rose garden/tent option. It's $1700 and they have one exclusive caterer, Atria's, which is reasonable and I have heard great things about.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    We just met with Jessie about our wedding yesterday and although she's out on Sundays and Mondays, in general she's been very responsive. We're also doing the rose garden and tent option. We're having the ceremony in the rose garden and then the reception under the tent and inside (assuming the weather cooperates for our midMay date).

I guess things have changed with Atria's coming in and Bistro no longer having their cafe there (Not sure what happened). We're using Bistro to Go and LOVE them. At the time we booked our wedding you could also use Open Night catering, Big Burrito, and Raina's. Bistro to Go, in addition to having excellent customer service and great food, was also way less expensive per person than those other options when we looked last January. Not sure if they have flexibility there but if not, that really stinks.

I'm unaware of any "special day" discounts. You do get a 5% discount for being an Aviary member which I would recommend in general just because it's a great gem in Pittsburgh. 

Good luck. 

Married since May 12, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards