Wedding Woes
Options

Friday!

I'm actually not too excited.  DH has to go into work Sat and Sun morning for an hourish.  It's not much, but it means I'll have zero help and no sleeping in.

Sat am we have t ball.  Pictures were cancelled for rain 2 wks ago so the pics are in one location and the game an hour later somewhere else.  I'll have to figure out what to do for an hour and I'm guessing DH won't be home in time.  Sat pm we have a party which should be fun. 

Sunday is a grad party for nephew.  It should be interesting to see if anyone mentions the house situation.  It's also going to be interesting because MIL and sFIL are invited to the actual graduation, but FIL and sMIL are not.  It's not a ticket issue either.

Re: Friday!

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Oh and what I really want to do today is go to Target and get some curly hair stuff and some new makeup.  What I should do is take the kids to the park. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Today is the kiddo's last day of school.  He is done with intermediate school.  It's on to 7th grade and Jr High.  Where is time going?  I'm feeling quite emotional about this.  I'm so very proud of him because he really worked hard toward the end of the year and his grades are the best they've ever been.  He's such a good, smart, funny kid and he's turning into quite the young man.

We're supposed to go to a grad party for A's sister tomorrow, but it's an 80% chance of storms and the party is outside.  If it clears up later in the day, we may go make an appearance.  I may go by myself if the weather doesn't let up.  A's bro is home and I haven't seen him in for-ev-er.

Other than that, we have nothing planned or going on.  I'm kind of excited about it. The next two weekends are going to be busy and then we have a weekend reprieve and then it's going to on like donkey kong.  We hit summer full throttle when SIL gets to town. 
  • Options
    What I have to do: Fitness plan appointment, guitar lesson, church, grad parties, graduation, checking out our DJ at a wedding and shopping for wedding stuff.

What I want to do: Zzzzzzzz
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Tonight, yoga.  Tomorrow, street clean up.  Sunday, probably volunteering at the local PBS fundraiser.  Which I don't want to do, but no one else has signed up but the host and it's a specific number commitment.
  • Options

Tonight we'll do our normal Target shopping.

Tomorrow morning DH and I are leaving for our Milwaukee getaway.  We'll go to the zoo during the day and the concert at night.

Sunday we're going to spend the day at Six Flags before going home.  DH and I have never done an amusement park together without kids, so we're pretty excited about it.

• Options
    @tawillers : A) You're going to Great America, right?  I lurve that Six Flags.  You'll also be up the street from one of my dearest friends.  Wave to her.  ;)  B) DH and I went to Kings Island in Cincy last year by ourselves (it was paid for by his job, so we were with his co-workers, but it was all adults in our group).  It was so.much.fun.  We had the best time and I hope they want to do it again this summer.

Amusement parks w/o kids is a thing of glory.
  • Options
    Yep, Great America.  We haven't been there for 6 years, and of course we had son with us, so we're looking forward to going back.
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    6 - seriously - if you need some help tomorrow morning, please let me know.
  • Options
    Tonight is dinner of AWESOME.

I'm wiped. This whole week DD's sleep has been for shyte. And tomorrow we're doing family/2 year photos. It's supposed to be 87 degrees with 60% humidity. We're going to be in the park. Oy.

Sunday we're going to the movies. I'm excited. It's been a while since we went on a date.
  • Options
    @6fsn - in my experience I have found that picture day is always running behind.  Always.  Not a one has been on time.  You may not have an entire hour to kill between pics and the game.
  • Options
    I typed a whole thing here, and then mozilla crashed.  Fark you, mozilla.

It goes like this.

Leave early today, race tomorrow-dinner with H's dad and sMIL tomorrow night.

Sunday H goes to a shooting thing that benefits wounded warriors-with Rob Pincus (I'm a little geeky about this)

So I only see H on Saturday night *maybe* 5 hours.

• Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    One dog has to go to the vet. I am having fears it's something bad (this is the dog missing part of her mouth). Tomorrow we're going to my moms house so she can help me fix DS's blanket and stuffed animal. Sunday DH wants to go to FIL's house for swimming but older SIL just moved back and is staying there. I really don't want to see her so we shall see what happens.
  • Options
    @PMeg819, but he 'loves the hole'.  ;)
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

@auntflo- we'll be fine, but thanks. I just hate the morning wrangling and look forward to someone helping me load all of the crap.  Plus I don't know where either place is.

@tawillers- If there is a break we'll be hitting coffee and donuts.

• Options
    Tonight, our favorite taco truck at a local brewery. I'm also hoping to squeeze in a Yogurtland and Target stop, but we'll see.

Tomorrow, yoga and then maybe the local waterpark if the weather is nice enough. It's been raining everyday, but at random moments. Usually when I have to be somewhere and I have A or groceries or something with me.

Sunday is my shower at my MIL's. I wasn't planning to do a shower for this kid considering it's my second, but my friends wanted to do something and then I made the suggestion that MIL was also interested, and I'm now having one. The woman drives me crazy, but she was so excited and happy to plan a shower considering she's never had the opportunity before. (Jewish women don't traditionally have baby showers due to superstition and she doesn't have any daughters anyway)  I'm looking forward to it to have some time with my friends and eat some yummy food.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @Pmeg: Good luck with the dog.  I hope it's nothing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards