Not Engaged Yet

Unpopular Opinions/Confessions/Whatever

I'm bored. These threads are always entertaining so... 

UO: While I don't really feel one way or the other about Taylor Swift, I really don't like her new song that's out. It might be because I watched a lot of "live" TV this week and the commercial for it came on 23984738 times. 

I confess that I don't know what to do with my time now that I'm not planning a wedding. 

I confess that I still have absolutely zero motivation to work out.

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Confessions/Whatever

• @rdr I don't understand her 22 song at all. To me, the commercial just confirmed my vision of her sitting around and throwing random words and thoughts together into a song. None of it seems to go together. Now, admittedly, I haven't made it through the whole song before I change the station, so perhaps she pulls it all back together in the end?
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• I confess that I haven't been on here in a few days because I'm slightly down on myself.  I gained some weight post-wedding and people have started pointing it out to me...its not much weight really (you can't gain THAT much in two months) but my clothes are a little tighter.  I just wanted some repreive from eating salads and working out every day. 
  • I confess I regret how things ended with ex-fi, but I'm glad they ended. Things just weren't right and I'm really enjoying my life, as stressful as its been.

I confess I may be turning into a sexaholic and I'm quite ok with that.

I confess I need a swift kick in the ass to get back into working out. I may try to convince R to start working out with me- he's been whining about motivation as well.

I confess I love my job, but they need to fire the other AR guy. He's such a waste of space.

I confess I miss talking to all you hoars. I feel so out of the loop.
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    @minskat30 - That is really, really rude that people would make comments to you about that sort of thing. I know it's hard, but ignore them. As long as you're comfortable with yourself, their opinions are shit. 

I've gained a few pounds since my wedding as well and mine was only a month ago. 

• edited May 2013
    @rdr716 -I don't like her new song either...as a matter of fact I don't really like any of her songs minus a select one or two.

Confessions: I'm seriously considering possibly changing my career after the wedding. My job has supported me financially and is a great work environment for the most part but once I move in with FI my commute will go from 15 minutes to an hour and 15 minutes...and I just can't handle driving that twice every day. I know that's petty but thinking about how much stress it will end up causing me will just not be worth it.

Another Confession: I'm not going to weigh myself next week because I'm 5 lbs away from my goal weight as of this past Monday and after being sick for the past couple of days and not being as active...I don't think I will be happy with what the scale says.

ETA: Plus I start my period next week and with that comes water weight sooo another excuse not to weight myself.
  • UO:  I really don't care about all the changes TK has been making.
  • I confess that I am really liking this not working thing, even though I'm super pumped to start my new job next week.

I confess that I kind of liked being totally cut off from technology because I had no cell service in Maine. But I did miss you bitches.

Apparently a UO: I LOVE Taylor Swift. She's young and fun - and while I do think she brought on some of the scrutiny on herself by telling people she writes songs about the guys she dates - it infuriates me that everyone is obsessed with who her break up songs are about, but no one cares who her happy love songs are about, or that she's written multiple songs about/for her mom, her friends, and her band. It's aaallll about the drama.

I confess that I DO think it's my mom's fault that my sister got back together with her dirtbag ex-boyfriend, even though I told her I didn't. Telling her the story about how you gave Dad "one last chance" absolutely convinced her to give the douchecanoe one more chance. Just sayin.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    UO:  I really don't care about all the changes TK has been making.
    I'll second this. I was a little annoyed at some of the changes but I don't think its as big of deal as some people. And I'm really happy that the posts are finally ordered by most recently responded to!

Confession: Since the beginning of the year I've gained about 20lbs. Now I'm kicking myself because that's just 20 more pounds to lose. I'm back on track now but I need to figure out a way to balance out my life while I'm in school.

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013

@Rdr716 Thank you. They mean well I know but it really hurts to hear the truth sometimes.  I'm back on the wagon at least to cut it off at the head.

• this has nothing to do with TK, but I am super-annoyed at my cubemate.  he is generally pretty inconsiderate.  he just stuck chicken strips in the only toaster oven we have, shared by like 100 people.  FOR TWENTY-FIVE MINUTES.  I mean COME ON!!  so now I have to wait and watch the toaster oven like a hawk, because it was being used during the prime lunch hour time.

he does this ALL THE TIME.  grrrrrr.
  • @LivLeighton - I judge people who leave pets in cars too.  And no one in their right mind would think you are BSC by the way.
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    @IrishDreamer - I'm happy that you're happy!

@LivLeighton - I agree about polygamy. If everyone is consenting, who gives a shit? It's not affecting anyone else. 

@CocoBellaF & @bethsmiles - I actually like a lot of the changes but some things really bug me. I love that threads are sorted by most recently active. I'm so glad that's back. I'm starting to like the look of the site now. I really love the 'love its' but I don't like that they're anonymous. I don't like that we won't see announcements about the TK unless we venture over to the 'Knottie Help' board. 

@BriSox81 - When I was on my HM, I actually really enjoyed having no phone/internet access. I wish I could do it more at home. I am so excited for you to start work on Monday! I hope you LOVE it!

• buddysmom80buddysmom80 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013

I confess that I'm so excited that @brisox81 is starting her new job next week!!!!!

I confess that even though BF will finally have weekends off, I'm going to miss having lazy Saturdays where I sit on the couch all day until 3pm and then start cleaning and laundry.

I confess my BF is driving me nuts because he just called me while I was getting coffee and wants me to go with him to the jeweler tomorrow. I really thought he had this all taken care of.

My U/O I LOVE THIS HOT ASS WEATHER!

My other U/O I may not be the biggest kid lover and actually do enjoy playing golf but when I call someone for important information about their child's procedure and get brushed off because they're "playing a few rounds of 18" makes you seem like a real douchetwat. Fucking father of the year on the other line.

ETA: My second u/o

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • UOs: I like Taylor Swift, and I like the new TK.

Confession: I've been fighting a cold all week and eating like crap. :( 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @Liv:  I completely agree with your UO.  As long as it's between consensual adults, I don't have a single problem with it.  I understand how it would get tricky legally to validate an actual marriage between multiple partners, but on the 'moral' front, it's no ones business.

I confess that I don't think I've ever even heard a Taylor Swift song, nor do I care to.

Anniversary
  • I confess I cheated a bit during my workout last night and I feel really guilty because I have a lottt of work to do before I'm ready for summer.

I confess I cried like a little baby last night because I got a little burn on my hand while cooking.  In my defense I must say that boiling hot oil on your skin is quite a bit more painful than just accidentally touching a hot pan, which I've done many times before.

I confess that I haven't done any actual work since arriving at work over an hour ago.  Oops.

UO:  I strongly dislike the color orange.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I confess that I'm a little disappointed that the next season of Bridezillas is the last. That was a serious guilty pleasure train wreck.

*******************************************************************************************

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    @Brisox81 - I'm a little sad Bridezillas is ending too! My mom and I love to watch the train-wrecks together.

• I confess that my doctor has my bloodwork results and I'd like to know wtf is going on with me so I can stop using the: "well it could be my thyroid so I'm going to eat all the food" excuse that I've used today. Please call me Doc, I know you see the results!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Buggle!! I love you, even if we are friends off. Also, if your doctor makes the same diagnosis I did, I'm going to be really mad that I didn't become an athletic trainer. I swear, it was my calling. But I do hope that you don't have it. <3

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    @buggle2 - You can say fuck now, ya know.

• Yup, and like I told you last night, I know a bunch of people who have had it done - all Division I athletes who came back better than they were before (because they didn't have pain and could feel their feet) :-p

• I know it is, and I really really REALLY hope it doesn't come to that!! Fingers crossed and lots of snuggles heading your way. ❤

• @BriSox81 and @buggle2 : I am calling you two out for VAGUE-KNOTTING!!!  :)
  • Coco - I'll let Buggle decide of she wants to give more details!! The poor girl has a sports injury that I have some experience with, so I've been helping her out :-)

• @Liv - I exclusively have marriage-related talks with BF when buzzed. I know I should be able to talk about these thugs with him sober, but it's just SO much easier to do when drinking. In my defense, we talk about other future things (kids, house, financial planning) while sober all the time.

My UO: I'm don't understand spending a lot of money on bags, shoes, sunglasses, and jewelry (with the possible exception of a quality leather bag). I'd much rather spend my money on clothes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I flame the lack of BSC..... the one time i"m itching to be a bitch and there is no one to unleash it on. 

• I confess for some one who has been dying to plan a wedding for so long I have no idea of what I want for certain things. It makes me feel a bit lost and overwhelmed

Anniversary

• @danser55 - I'm sure your wedding will be beautiful! What sort of stuff do you have no idea about? You also have lots of time to make these decisions :)

• I understand this feeling completely.  I've been second guessing a lot of my choices.  That being said, I know your day will be fabulous.   Your vision will piece together just as it needs to!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards