Second Weddings
Options

R.S.V.P. Cards

So my wedding is in August me and the FI are having a very small wedding 40 of our closet family & friends. Sent out those invites and only got back 10 responses so far there deadline is a week away. Is that normal... We even had stamps on the response cards. We have a deadline with our caterer and the hall which is this month to get an actual head count should I give them a courtesy call to make sure they are coming? My photographer who is a very good friend of mines said a lot of his brides he has worked with did courtesy calls to make sure they didn't forget. Any brides having a similar issue like mines?

Re: R.S.V.P. Cards

• Options
    Presumably you sent invitations with an RSVP due date before the date your caterer required. I had 2 invitees not respond by my "need by" date, which was a full 7-10 days before our caterer's need by date. I called or emailed those 2 people and they responded. It's ok to do a courtesy call, but I'd wait a little closer to the date you put on the RSVP card. Some people wait to the last minute.
  • Options

Agree with Sue, we invited 75, and had 2 couples who didn't reply by the deadline (which, as Sue said, was a week before the venue's deadline).  2 or so days AFTER the RSVP deadline, I called them to ask if they were coming.  Both were.  

Bottom line, people wait to the last minute, so don't call until you have to.  ~Donna

• Options
    Thank You Sue I kind of figured that would probably happen with some people waiting until late. I will give them a courtesy call if I don't get a response from them.
  • Options
    Donna yes you are right a lot of people do wait until the last minute it's just so nerve wrecking I hate waiting until the last minute for things. I defin know there is never a perfect wedding. Thank You!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards