Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Vibes/prayers request...

Hi ladies,
So my best friend from highschool (and bridesmaid) was diagnosed with hodgkins lymphoma about a year ago. She went through 6 months of seemingly successful chemo - about 3 months ago she was declared "cancer free" or in remission I suppose. I got a hysterical phone call from her last night saying she just got the results from her 3rd PET scan, and that the cancer spread to her chest, throat, and brain. She now has to undergo another year of chemo therapy along with a bone marrow transplant. She's only 24 years old and has been through so much already (severe ski accident in highschool where she shattered her hip and nose) - she doesn't deserve the pain she's going through and is the one of the most wonderful people I know... I'm so scared for her and don't know what to do... So I ask you to please keep her in your thoughts and prayers... It is going to be a long hard road for her... Thanks in advance for your thoughts and prayers...

Re: Vibes/prayers request...

• ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for the pain your friend is going through.It must be really difficult on all of her loved ones. I will say a prayer for her!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my, how terrible.  Your friend is in my thoughts and prayers. 
    image Ivory
  • edited December 2011
    oh no- I'm so sorry to hear this G.  Many vibes and prayers for your friend.
  • New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Many thoughts, prayers, and vibes for your friends.

And for all the girls on here who didn't see kwynn's post last week, sign up to be a marrow donor! You never know whose life you could save. January = yearly application-fee waived month at Be the Match. It is SUPER easy to sign up.
    http://www.marrow.org/JOIN/Join_Now/join_now.html
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear this. I hope she will beat this again.

Have you heard of BetheMatch.org? It may be a small way to help at this time; you can sign up to be a bone marrow match for someone else who may need it.

Thoughts and prayers for your friend.
  • edited December 2011
    MANY vibes for your friend. That is really tough.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear about your friend's hard times. many good thoughts for her andher family (and for you too)
    image.
  • edited December 2011
    How horrible.  I'll be praying for your friend and wishing the best for easy treatments and a quick recovery.  

My friend's dad was recently declared cancer-free and then they found new spots with him too.  It is such a terrible feeling to go from such joy to such sadness.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone... I've heard good things about knottie vibes/prayers working and Liz needs it more than ever right now. I'm just so scared for her and her family...

New_to_PGH & kywnn - thanks for the info - I am signing up right now, as well as posting the link as my facebook status... It will make me feel a little less helpless (because honestly I feel completely helpless and I want to help her so badly).

.KRM - I will keep your friends dad in my thoughts/prayers too - it really is so hard going from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows... thanks for your thoughts...
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear this.  Many vibes and prayers for your friend, and all those close to her.  May she be strong to get through the chemo and get another cancer-free diagnosis when it's done, this one permanently.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Many many vibes.  What a terrible thing to happen to such a young person.  Thoughts and prayers that she'll pull through and get good news soon.
  • Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear this.  Lots and lots of vibes.
  • edited December 2011
    Many thoughts and prayers for your friend, G! 
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Wishing the best for your friend.  Many prayers that she gets through this.
    ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • edited December 2011
    Many thoughts and prayers for your friend.
  • edited December 2011
    Many vibes to both you and your friend.  What a horrible thing to be going through at such a young age.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards