Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Westmoreland County venue / gluten-free caterer

I'm just starting my wedding planning, and we don't have a whole lot of time since we'd like to be married in early August. We're going to have a very small, outdoor wedding, so hopefully the short amount of time won't be too bad, although the limited budget might!

My main problem is that I and several of my family members have Celiac's Disease and can't have any gluten. I'm not willing to be sick for my whole honeymoon! My sister will be making the cake, so that shouldn't be an issue, but does anyone know of a caterer in the Greensburg/Monroeville/Laurel Highlands area that does gluten-free?

The other issue is that I'd love to have an outdoor wedding, but I'm having trouble finding a good venue on short notice. I don't need anything fancy, but parks are too public and many of the venues I've seen are too expensive!

Any tips?

Re: Westmoreland County venue / gluten-free caterer

• LilyWater09LilyWater09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you look into Cooper's Hall?  I think they were in Westmoreland County.  The Supper Club in Greensburg is nice and they have great food.   

As far as extra sweets I know of http://www.trulywize.com/ in Greensburg and http://www.gluuteny.com/ in Squirrel Hill which are gluten-free bakeries. 

For a full meal, I know WholeFoods does catering and they have alot of gluten-free items.  I know not a regular caterer but an idea?
  • beckpazbeckpaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Phaturo's A-1 catering in Oakmont.  He will honestly work with any diet restrictions you throw at him.  My fiance is vegan and Frank (the caterer/owner) is going to make him a special dinner just for him.  We met with him at his kitchen/office and I was ready to hire him on the spot just because he is so nice and willing to work with us (as opposed to telling us what to do/serve).  It was hard not to hire him right then, but we waited to go to the food tasting just to make sure... hired him after two bites!  Amazing!  Not to mention his prices are so extremely fair.

• DixonJ87DixonJ87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks both of you for the advice.

Cooper's Hall looks beautiful! But a bit far away from here, unfortunately. I have heard the Supper Club is good, and it slipped my mind, so thank you!

• DeniseAndrewDeniseAndrew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our reception will be held outdoors at Greendance Winery in Mount Pleasant.  It's beautiful there and very inexpensive compared to other places.  They work exclusively with Elegant Catering.  While we aren't having an entirely gluten-free meal, I do have a few family members with Celiac's, and the caterer is gladly providing special plated meals for them.  They have been wonderful and very accommodating, so I would imagine that they could create an entire gluten-free meal.  They're based out of Youngwood, PA.  Our main expenses have been with renting the tent, tables, chairs, etc for our venue, but depending on the size of your wedding, that might not be necessary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards