Rhode Island
Options

North Beach Clubhouse - Narragansett

Our search is finally over! It took seeing a handful of venues we didn't love to realize what we wanted was right in our backyard (ok, less than 2 miles from my parents house). I guess I haven't been around in a long time because I just saw the renovations this past weekend for the first time and the deck looks awesome! Now that we have that out of the way, we need to find a caterer and figure out the smaller details. I've heard great things about Russell morin - any feedback? If you have any other catering suggestions for southern RI, let me know! I'd also love to hear more about the clubhouse if you've been to a wedding there or had/planning yours there! :)

Re: North Beach Clubhouse - Narragansett

• Options
    Russell Morin has a great reputation, but I was very put off by the way they did their quote.  They basically sent me their entire menu with pricing, but then totalled all the cheapest options as my 'estimate'.  It was completely unrealistic and disregarded the specific things I asked to be included in the estimate/quote.

We're using Blackstone as our caterer.  Their proposal was tailored to our requests and they made further changes based on our preferences (before and after tasting).  Danielle has been wonderful to work with -- she's very knowledgeable and helpful.  Best of all, the food at our tasting was great!  I feel confident we're going to have excellent food at our wedding this fall.
  • Options
    I second the Russell Morin - I was also very put off by the way the quoted us and had a similar experience.  We chose Blue Rocks Catering in Newport.  She talked with me on the phone to get a feeling of what we wanted the reception to be like and the food we wanted to serve and then created a proposal for us based on our conversation.  She was one of only two caterers that didn't send over their entire menu for us to look through.  I highly recommend her!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for the feedback! I will keep this in mind. I actually contacted Russell Morin a couple weeks ago for sample menus and was basically told they can do anything. The hard part is that I need ideas... it would have been nice to see menus from prior weddings.

• Options
    I'm looking into this same venue. Do you have to use only their vendor for the tables/chairs and tent?
  • Options
    It looks like everything is through liberty rentals but I'm sure that you can do rentals through your caterer too. We have a meeting on 6/22 to go over details so I can let you know!
  • Options
    I'm using Dave's Marketplace. They are super affordable and their food is awesome. Sui May and Beth have been so nice and have amazing ideas. I purposely picked a venue that I could have catering at so that I could use them :)
  • Options
    I just got married June 1st. We used Russell Morrins. We could not have been happier. I don't even know where to start.
    First the food was fantastic everyone loved it. We did passed appetizers for cocktail hour, 2 food stations and 3 small passed plates. We did not have specific ideas about what we wanted so we used there menu for ideas and started to customize from there. One of our passed plates was something that was on a food station and one of the apps we specifically asked for. We did the mashed potato bar everyone loved that.
    We provided the alcohol. There was a fee for that but I think it worked out well. We did 2 signature drinks. I provided the recipe for one and the other was one of their's. We returned what we did not use so for what we spent we were able to get brands we wanted and the signatures for less than their most expensive bar.
     They also did our cake. I loved the cake! It fit our venue and was beautiful.
    They set everything up tables chair decorations. Some of the decorations I brought to the venue some the their DOC transported for me. 
    We had the ceremony at the venue and they organized everyone and coordinated and cued the DJ for ceremony music.

They passed out complimentary cucumber water and Iced tea to guested arriving for ceremony.
    They brought a cheese and cracker plate and Ice water to the room I was getting ready in. 

We had a personal butler she stayed with me and husband while we were doing photo's and got us anything we wanted. Held drinks and refreshed for us.I needed a dress repair and staff had sewing kit and pins and fixed my dress. Throughout the reception if I wanted anything someone got it for me right away.

We did not do alot of formal stuff but they took care of our time line and got everyone where they needed to be. We did not have to worry about anything.
    At the end of the night they boxed up all our decorations. We stayed at venue so we were able to take them the next day.
    Message me if you have any questions.

• Options
    cristin517 - I have a few specific questions about Russell Morin and North Beach Clubhouse. I'll message you :)
  • Options
    cristin517 - I just realized that you used RM but were NOT at the clubhouse. Sorry, some of my questions might not apply!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards