North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Outside ceremony? Help please!

My FI and I are getting married March 29 next year. Our reception is going to be at 108 budleigh in Manteo. We can't decide whether or not we want to just go ahead and do the ceremony there as well. I would love to be able to have a ceremony outside, but am not sure where/ how it would all work out. Any suggestions?

Thanks ladies!

Re: Outside ceremony? Help please!

• Options
    by outside, do you mean a beach ceremony? when I was looking at getting married there - they said it was an option a lot of brides chose. There's a spot near the water in Manteo that some brides choose - others prefer the beach in front of the rental homes.
  • Options

karistiz said:
    by outside, do you mean a beach ceremony? when I was looking at getting married there - they said it was an option a lot of brides chose. There's a spot near the water in Manteo that some brides choose - others prefer the beach in front of the rental homes.
    We are renting a home in Nags Head, so I was looking for something closer to Budleigh. The beach is one option, or I think someone mentioned the lighthouse. My biggest concern is paying for a second location for the ceremony, and then if the weather is bad or its too cold, losing the deposit.
  • Options
    The Roanoke Marshes Lighthouse - that would be beautiful! I'm sure you can contact them and ask what would happen should there be a storm.
  • Options
    I know of a bride that had their reception at the aquarium and got married on the beach next to Jennettes Pier. They were on the beach but used the parking for the pier
  • Options
    We also had a home in Nags Head and had.our ceremony on the beach and reception at Budleigh; which was also our backup plan if it did rain.....which it almost did. There are a few brides that have used Marshes Light and it was a gorgeous backdrop!

• Options
    We had a home in Nags Head and had our ceremony on the beach there with the reception at 108 Budleigh (it's about a 15 minute drive).  I would say try to go for an outdoor ceremony somewhere if you can; the Marshes Lighthouse is also very pretty spot if you want to do something closer.  The logistics can be complicated - we rented a trolley that made 2 trips from the ceremony to the reception, but several people drove.
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options

we are doing the The Roanoke Marshes Lighthouse and getting married at 108 Budleigh. Budleigh is our rain plan, but hopefully we will not have to use it.  :)

If the weather is nice, the walk from the lighthouse is just a few blocks, so your guests will only have to park once.

• Options
    Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards