Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Affordable Honeymoon Ideas?

Hello,

My fiance and I are planning on taking our big trip for our one year anniversary.  However, we still want to go on a honeymoon, but it can't be too expensive due to the fact that we are saving for Hawaii, so we're looking to stay pretty close (maybe within 6 hours away).  The honeymoon will be in mid-July and we love to go out to dinner and do nature-y things.  Ideas I've thought of so far are Nemacolin or Bedford Springs resorts, but I don't know about the expense and whether we'll be bored just staying on a resort.  I've also thought of going to Chincoteague Island (where you can see the wild ponies).  Does anyone have other ideas or experiences with the places I've mentioned?

Thanks!

Re: Affordable Honeymoon Ideas?

• csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I've been to Nemacolin and it is nice but very expensive.  Seven Springs would probably be a better budget alternative.  And you can't go wrong with Niagara Falls, Groupons seem to be posted frequently.
  • If you want affordable don't go to Canada's side of Niagara Falls, everything is sooo expensive! Find a cabin somewhere and just relax, find a spa and get a couples massage!!
  • Chincoteague and Assateague islands are beautiful. Nemacolin is very pricey. I'd also suggest looking into Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, and the Finger Lakes region of NY.
  • Put-In Bay, Ohio, if you are nautically inclined
  • Check out Groupon, they frequently have deals for hotels and B&Bs all over the country. I'm sure you can find something nice within a reasonable drive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards