August 2013 Weddings

I'm almost positive my shower's tomorrow!!

I love my mom and MOH to death ... but they suck at secrets. I'm really convinced that my shower (a surprise) is tomorrow!

Clue #1 - my mom told me a few days ago that she's going to see a play last minute tomorrow with friends who have an extra ticket and has to get up "really early" on Sunday ... to be at a friend's by ten am. (This is the woman who gets up no later than 6:30 every day).
Clue #2 - my mom, whose 11am Sunday nail appointment is an institution (seriously, it's a multi-year standing appointment!), went to get her nails done at 6:30 Friday night.
Clue#3 - FI, who is here on the weekends, suddenly has to go home tomorrow during the day to "help his dad clean the basement, since it flooded yesterday" ... but he'll be back tomorrow night for dinner.
Clue #4 (the big one) - MOH called me at 10:30 in a panic, because she's "doing an event tomorrow" (she's in the restaurant business, and I used to be) and the girl who was supposed to work with her bailed. Can I come do an event for 1000 people with her tomorrow? Now, she works for a corporation-owned restaurant ... and they're letting her pull in a friend to work/get paid from petty cash? No way! (And google says the parade happened today ;D )

Best case scenario ... my shower is tomorrow!!!
Worst case scenario ... I work in food service (which I love) with my best friend and make some spare cash.

I'll let you know how it pans out tomorrow, ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

Re: I'm almost positive my shower's tomorrow!!

• EXCITING!! mine is today but not a surprise. I'm really excited and can't wait to hear if yours happens too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • YAY!! Mine is two weeks from today! My mom was trying to keep mine a surprise but I had so many people come up to me and mention it that the surprise was kinda ruined.
  • Sweet! That sounds fun. Surprises are the best.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So what happened?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • I  was right - my shower was yesterday! It was wonderful, so much fun. We got a lot of stuff off our registry (including WAY more wineglasses then I registered for ... somehow those didn't complete right on BBB!). FI's uncle BUILT a wishing well for my shower (a legit, taller than me, well!) It was crazy. I'll post some pics when I get home from work today.

Afterwards my two best friends came back to the house and we drank way more wine than is advisable on a school night. It was a perfect day!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• That's awesome! Very funny with their "alibis" Glad you had a wonderful time. I'm getting more and more excited reading everyone's posts!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Glad you had such a blast!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards