Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

What's your recessional like?

Are you having confetti, birdseeds, streamers??

I can't think of anything I want thrown at me, but I'm not 100% sure it's something I should eliminate...

Thoughts?
Vacation White Knot

Re: What's your recessional like?

• We aren't throwing anything. It's always seemed like a bit of a waste to me.

And honestly, I don't think I've ever been to a wedding where people actually throw something now that I think about it it.
    June 16, 2012
  • We are still thinking about this and need to talk to our venue to see what is permitted. I like the idea of making pretty paper cones or tiny baskets full of rose petals to throw. I just think this would be very pretty!
  • The last wedding we went to had some pretty awful glitter confetti; I just don't think it's something I want to invest in :S
    Vacation White Knot
  • I really don't think I want anything thrown at me. I just figure that's more mess to clean up and I don't like the idea of things, like confetti or rice, getting stuck in my hair or down my dress. I'm thinking of letting guests ring bells, wave ribbons, or if it comes down to it then just blow bubbles (although that is a last resort).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    We didn't throw anything.

The pianist, violinist, and singer did "Happy Together" by the Beatles and we had the words printed in the program.  The guests and us sang as we bopped our way out.

Typically whatever you throw you have to be prepared to clean up and/or pay a cleaning fee to the venue.  You could stick to non-messy things like ribbon wands or noisemakers or sparklers if you really want something.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_whats-recessional-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:2f1f26fb-957e-4cc5-ae4d-1b24200a4102Post:0dae4398-a2a0-4a19-94d0-41c46bd84023">Re: What's your recessional like?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The pianist, violinist, and singer did "Happy Together" by the Beatles and we had the words printed in the program.
    Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]

<div>I love that!</div>
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2012
    Nothing- our venue has marble floors and would be a slipping hazard.  Talk to your venue about what they allow.  We are having a bag piper play during the recessional.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are not big fans of gettting stuff thrown at us...and we are not going a recieving line...so I guess in your eyes we'd be pretty boring...we are going to leave the church and go take pictures before the guests leave. We'll see them all at the reception anyways. If you do want to do something I would recommend something like bubbles or something else that disintigrates, otherwise you'll have a mess to clean up and if you dont plan who cleans it up inevitably it will be some family member who has to do it since most venues don't want you leaving crap all over thier floors (even if its outside..I know golf courses would for sure frown on having stuff left around)...tripping hazard to the max.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• We are doing confetti.

There is no cleanup fee at our venue and our WP and her team takes care of cleanup.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards