Luxury Weddings

When did you know your day-of schedule?

I'm getting nervous because my planner has not gotten on top of my day-of schedule. I definitely need her to coordinate when the hair, make-up, photographer, and videographer should arrive so I can tell my family and bridal party where to be and when. We are doing photos before the ceremony. The planner has been remiss on her other duties (mainly event design) through the process and I am getting concerned that she is not going to be on top of this either. When did you know your day-of plan? Is it too early to be concerned about this? My wedding is July 5.

Re: When did you know your day-of schedule?

• for the life of me, I cannot remember when that all happened for my first wedding. I didn't really have a day of schedule for my second since it was just me. However, my brother is getting married on June 29th and I just got my day of schedule from the bride (hair/make up) last week. So, I'd say about a month out is right.

I have to say (and in a very general sense) that I've noticed that almost everyone on here is using a wedding planner. I flat out refused to use one for my first wedding because I'm a total control freak. I personally feel like I made the right decision for me to not have one and I hope she kicks her butt into gear for you soon!

• for the life of me, I cannot remember when that all happened for my first wedding. I didn't really have a day of schedule for my second since it was just me. However, my brother is getting married on June 29th and I just got my day of schedule from the bride (hair/make up) last week. So, I'd say about a month out is right.

I have to say (and in a very general sense) that I've noticed that almost everyone on here is using a wedding planner. I flat out refused to use one for my first wedding because I'm a total control freak. I personally feel like I made the right decision for me to not have one and I hope she kicks her butt into gear for you soon!

I'd consider myself a control freak, too. I need to either do a task myself or be able to fully delegate. I am uncomfortable having to nag someone at every step. She said she was specialized in event design. I thought she would plan the wedding and just come to us with clear design ideas for us to approve. It didn't turn out that way at all. Now I'm concerned that she'll be equally lax in her day of duties. I SHOULD have skipped having one. It would have made no difference at all.
  • I knew mine about 3-4 weeks out.  My only suggestion would be to make sure you have enough time to do hair and makeup so that you aren't rushed trying to squeeze all of your pics in.  I did all of my pics before the ceremony too.  

I think my hair and makeup girls scheduled an hour for hair and an hour for makeup for each girl.  It seemed like a lot to me but it was nice not to be rushed and since we finished early, we got to take a ton of pictures that we might not have had time for.  And it allowed DH and I to really take our time with our first look, which was awesome!

Btw, I see you're getting married in Hoboken.  I live in North Jersey and you're going to have awesome pics with that location!
  • Our wedding is 7/13 and I'm meeting my planner tonight to put together the day-of schedule. She said we should do it soon so that I can share the schedule with the various vendors as I meet with each of them over the next few weeks.
  • We only did ours about two weeks ago.  Maybe send a drafted one to her so that she knows it's a priority for you right now - it could get her on your page.
    Anniversary
  • @chevellecaterers - You're lacking reading comprehension skills.  The OP says in her original post her wedding was July 5th.  Your a day late and a dollar short.  Now stop resurrecting old posts and stop spamming the boards.  You don't get to advertise here for free.  Besides, a good caterer doesn't have to advertise.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards