Louisiana-New Orleans

Christina O'Malley review... DO NOT USE!!!! **warning: super long**

Wedding date: April 6, 2013

Whatever you do, do NOT use Christina O’Malley for your wedding if you have a certain look in mind and flowers are a big thing for you. She will continuously mislead you and make you think she understands your vision and has everything taken care of, but it was not the case for us. I was very shocked when I saw the flowers she delivered for us at the hotel and the centerpieces at the reception because I was used to reading so many great reviews from other brides on The Knot about her. I guess she is only used to making a few bouquets and not big orders. Please understand the flowers were "nice", they just were not what my husband and I asked for and communicated with Christina. 

My husband and I had several concerns that appeared during the execution phase of our business agreement with Christina.  I was extremely disappointed in the quality of the flowers she delivered and the inaccuracy of the items I confirmed and ordered with her. To begin, the colors were incorrect, the flower type for several arrangements were incorrect, and the flower quality of several arrangements looked aged and lacked vibrancy.

We shared written and verbal confirmation and I also provided Christina with photographs to further confirm my specific floral needs.  She completely mislead me and failed to deliver on the service she was paid to complete. She only communicates through email and it takes a few days- weeks for her to get back to you. We asked a few times for a face to face consultation but that request went ignored.

Concern #1: Flower Quality

She previously asked me to sign and mail her a disclaimer before the wedding stating I could not sue her if my flowers withered or turned brown since I requested to have her deliver them 3 ½ hours before the ceremony.  I understood her precautionary needs, however, the flowers were delivered brown and withered. I'm almost positive they were made days in advance and not that morning, so the disclaimer was no longer valid in my opinion. As an example, I asked and paid for two flower girl pomanders but she only delivered one. My planner called Christina as soon as we realized it at the hotel to report that we only received one and she mentioned she would return home and make another one. Upon delivery of the second pomander hours later, it appeared bright, colorful and vibrant. It was a complete contrast from the first one that was allegedly created that morning. As a result, my flower girls looked very strange holding the 2 different pomanders side by side.  Overall, the flower quality she provided was not worth the total cost that I paid and it did not match what I confirmed with Christina on numerous occasions. No matter the time I requested, they were delivered that way. We had vases ready and prepared for the flowers to place them in as soon as they were delivered, and to place them back in after we did the first look and took the formal pictures. I signed the document under the impression that the flowers were being made that morning and that they would not be delivered already aged and withered.

Concern #2:  The inaccuracy of my bouquet.

I sent Christina a picture of the exact bouquet I wanted that matched my wedding colors perfectly. I knew that bouquet would look great in pictures next to my shoes, bridesmaids dresses and other details of the wedding. The one she made and delivered for $225 was nothing like the picture at all. From our initial conversations I was very adamant about the flower type and color of my bridal bouquet. I stated my specific needs/wants and provided her with photographs of the exact bouquet, as well as the link to the flowers included in this bouquet. She stated she could create the exact bouquet, but swap out the peonies with garden roses for $225. The other flowers in the bouquet should have remained the same. The vibrancy of my desired bouquet in the picture should have remained the same. Overall, the quality of the bouquet she provided was not worth the money I paid and it did not match what I confirmed with her on numerous occasions. I did not ask for similar, I asked for the exact bouquet. This is one thing that I sent her a picture of the VERY FIRST time I ever emailed her and knew I wanted this bouquet. It was so far from what I asked for I could not understand how she even delivered this and thought it was accurate.

Concern #3: Reception centerpieces

The 2 large arrangements that we had on the wedding party table and wanted to be our “WOW” factors at the reception were also not what we paid for. I asked for coral, blue and peach carnations and that is not what I received. I stated that I wanted NO greenery and provided her with numerous photographs of my desired arrangements. The arrangements she created were filled with greenery. I am not sure how I sent her the pictures describing what I wanted and ended up with the ones she delivered to the reception.  I wanted the 2 large arrangements to be my wow factors as soon as guests walked in and they were filled with greenery and lacked vibrancy as well. The arrangements looked old and not at all like they were worth the price I was charged. Overall, I was extremely disappointed in the wedding party table arrangements that she provided and shocked at how far off they were from what I communicated to her that I wanted. They offered no enhancement and were not the "Wow" factor that we expected.  As soon as we entered the reception to be introduced as husband and wife for the first time I had to quickly look past the flowers. It was nothing I could have done at that point but was extremely upset that I did not receive what I paid for at all. At that moment, dancing with my husband and enjoying our family and friends was more important than crying over flowers.

Concern #4: She does not understand what CORAL is.

The next inaccuracies were the colors of my groom's boutonniere and rose petals. To provide her with an idea of the color the flowers needed to be, I sent her a photo of the exact bridesmaid dress that my bridesmaids were wearing, as well as the color pattern for my wedding. Despite the measures I took to ensure the accuracy of these arrangements, none of the bouquets or flowers were CORAL. They were mainly blush or a very very pale pink. For example, I asked for my groom's boutonniere to be coral and that was also light pink. The light pink flowers would have been platform accents if there were any coral in the flowers at all. I kept voicing my needs and concerns about the flowers and colors I wanted in emails to Christina but she mislead me by always assuring me that she had everything under control and knew exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately, I did not see a single coral flower utilized the way I requested in the arrangements that she delivered. Even the coral rose petals I asked for were delivered in light pink (blush), and they did not provide any form of enhancement at the reception. I knew the table linens and chair covers were white so we wanted bright and vibrant arrangements to enhance the space. We did not receive that AT ALL!

Concern #5: Corsages

I paid for 3 corsages for the mother of the bride, mother of the groom and one grandmother. In addition to the corsages not being coral, they were not actual corsages. I knew how their dresses were made and asked for a cluster of coral roses for them to wear around their wrist. However, the blush pink clusters of roses were delivered with pins on them for the moms to pin to their dresses. They ended up not wearing the corsages since it clashed with the design of their dresses and had no flowers to show they were of any significance to the wedding.

Concern #6: Broken vase

One of Christina’s staff members broke a vase at the reception and decided to replace it with a light blue flower pot. My planner was not notified of this before they went out and got a vase and placed it on the table. I later found out about this after the wedding because of course no one wanted me to worry.

When I emailed Christina after we returned from the honeymoon she told me that she would respond to my concerns after she took care of her upcoming brides. It took her 3 weeks to respond to my initial email and address my concerns. She then was very defensive and rude.  My sole purpose was to remain respectful throughout this entire process and subdue any negative or hurt feelings that I still had. I anticipated a tactful and prompt response at her earliest convenience to address the matter. Maybe I'm wrong, but she had the time to respond to my emails saying she would address my initial email on TWO separate occasions. Both were opportunities for her to take a moment and actually address the concerns, not stall or push them to the side. "Busy spring event season" or not, I was still a customer. An unhappy customer whose wedding has passed, but still a customer nonetheless. I do not appreciate paying someone for a service, receiving something other than what I believe I paid for on one of the biggest days of my life, and then not being able to discuss it with the person I hired and paid. I feel as though she told me I was no longer a priority or issue for her because her upcoming clients and weddings are more important. 

She continuously referred to her “proposal” in her response; however, everything listed on the proposal was incorrect. Yes my husband and I sent pictures and it was written in detail on the proposal but that is NOT what she provided. That was exactly my point! The final proposal reflected colors that WERE NOT USED! Not a single picture I sent her for table centerpieces included greenery. I asked Christina how much it would be for a large arrangement that looked like the pictures I sent her.  She in turn chose to do what she wanted and add a ton of greenery. As stated previously, these were supposed to be our “wow” factor and knew we would spend more on these to achieve our desired look. We wanted them to look like what we sent her. As the client we felt like we had that right.

It is a slap in my face that Christina cannot see how what she created was not what I asked for. She could not understand that her vision was not my own.

All in all, besides the whole flower ordeal, our day was just about perfect! 

Re: Christina O'Malley review... DO NOT USE!!!! **warning: super long**

• Sounds like you had an awful experience with her. So sorry
  • I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, but hope you are still able to look back and enjoy the day.  For some reason, your pictures didn't show up.
  • Wow. I truly hate to hear this as I have booked her from my upcoming wedding. I am so sorry that she was such a disappointment & am glad that everything else went well for you.  The photos you attached did not post, it is possible for you to repost or send them to me in a PM ? am really curious about this now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've reattached them. Let me know if that works. 
  • In regard to color, sometimes you are at the mercy of what is available at the time, but I agree the designs are way off. Sorry it came out poorly, I've always seen great reviews for her.
  • When several clients made me aware of this post I did not ask the Knot to remove it. I felt it’s better to use the opportunity given me and respond with facts that can be backed up so it will not cause any of my clients undue concern.

During my correspondence with Xenia after her initial complaint, I was emailed a pre wedding post she put on the knot stating she had requested her flowers 3 ½ hours prior which was even then incorrect. Her request was for 4 ½ hours prior…..a long lead time to keep corsages, bouquets etc out of water or refrigeration. She commented she was told they could be wrapped in ice packs upon arrival or put in water pics to keep them fresh. We discussed numerous times her solutions and timing were not good for flowers and handling them in such a way after delivery could damage them. She remained firm so I explained for the 1st time in my career I felt the need to have a disclaimer signed. It simply stated that a delivery 4 ½ hours prior to her wedding was in no way recommended and my company couldn’t be held responsible if anything started to perish prior to her wedding. I can only assume something did start to wilt when her ceremony approached. Her desire has been to render the disclaimer invalid by saying they were all delivered not just wilted, but brown and dead. Through other sources we have seen beautiful pictures of her 1st look and gathering with maids, groomsmen, matching flower girls….all prior to her wedding holding their flowers with nothing yet wilted.

When we walked in with her flowers she was standing in line with her bridesmaids in there robes taking pictures. Everyone cheered the flowers arrived so she stopped and personally came over to greet me. When a bride is in the room (not always the case if they’re getting dressed) I love to hold up her bouquet for all to see. She looked over everything and said she was thrilled with her flowers. Since a personal consultation with me was never discussed it was our 1st opportunity to meet & greet. I gave her a list and briefly reviewed who gets what, we hugged and I exited. Only to be called back into the room by someone so the bride could personally hand me an envelope of cash. I  would have been happy to provide wristlet corsages had they been chosen. While it wasn't mentioned in the above post she later said she realized that was her mistake. 

I point out the above for several reasons concerning further discrepancies. In later correspondence to me she denied meeting me when I came in and never even seeing the flowers. That what was witnessed by 20ish people in the room including other vendors and my staff never transpired.

It was evident the flowers were carefully looked at once again by her coordinator after our departure because she noticed I had forgotten a pomander that was added to her order later once final decisions were confirmed. It was updated on my computer doc but not on her hard copy at my studio. Something I took full responsibly for and was happy to rectify quickly. I specifically asked when it would be needed for pictures and had it delivered well within that time frame. Nothing was mentioned even then during our conversation about incorrect colors or dead flowers.

When I received her initial inspiration pictures I explained some of the flowers she listed weren’t in season for her wedding. Including the main feature flower in one of her bouquet pictures. At no time was the word exact ever used or implied. We had various correspondence concerning other flower options to achieve “similar” looks to the numerous pictures she provided. She initially chose some options she liked best but as her wedding approached her flower budget dropped almost in half. She then requested:

Could you provide pricing for something like this, or other options or other flowers?” anything to get the overall cost down.

More options were provided, one changing peonies to “standard” roses further changing her design from her initial desire. Every single flower and color listed on her final document was provided.

Throughout planning I was sent numerous diverse pictures requesting options for 2 large centerpieces. They ranged from tight spheres of flowers to loose textured arrangements. Further options were later requested for budget reasons. I shared several pictures of my work showing what was being described. On her final document the exact (in different colors) picture of what was chosen and provided was still pasted and remained on her document. Because Xenia seemed more comfortable communicating via email, 99% of our correspondence was in writing. When leaving her a voice mail, I would get a responding email from her coordinator. I took the time to carefully review all documents and emails to confirm several things including that the request of no greenery was ever made. Had she chosen certain designs that required none that would have been achieved however this was not the case.

A box of vases was provided for us to utilize at the reception for certain arrangements. While unwrapping them it was noticed the foot of one was broken off. Whether that happened in transit or on site was irrelevant. Part of our job is not to concern anyone about unexpected situations, just too promptly find a solution. My assistant gladly went to 2 locations shopping for something comparable in blue glass and a shape to fit the pre made arrangement.

The day I received her complaint I responded immediately that she deserved a detailed response from me. Given the length of her letter it wasn’t something I could quickly do and asked if she’d mind my getting past what was a busy time for events so I could devote the time she deserved. I then received a very understanding email:

Thank you for acknowledging my email about my concerns. I understand your need to prioritize and I respect your current commitments to your upcoming brides. I by no means want to rush a response from you”

This post is in no way meant to offend the bride so to remain respectful of her privacy I've only shared a few of her personal comments that were pertinent.

I apologize to the knot community. Not only for the length of my response but for having to utilize a place for you to get advice, valid information and exchange ideas.

Thank you,

Christina

• I just want to say, (and also at no offense to the bride!), as a client of Christina's, I have been very pleased with her so far and our wedding is still a few months away! I just don't want other brides to feel as strongly as this post states (DO NOT USE HER) because I think every situation is different! For future/current brides, I would just make sure to be clear in what you want (that would be with ANY vendor) and in your ways of communication. I would say a phone conversation is a much better way of communicating than email, and I know Christina is willing to do that if you are. She is one of the few vendors I have used who is very detailed in her inquiries to really understand what you want, as well as genuinely interested and involved in my vision, and not to mention helped me figure out what I even wanted in the first place! I understand that this board is here for everyone to post their reviews and opinions, however, I just want to make a claim on the reputation I have experienced with Christina O'Malley. I will be sure to write a lengthier review after our wedding and I am confident that I will be pleased with the outcome!
  • Ditto above - don't mean any offense to the bride and it's always hard to read when someone has any kind of disappointment on her wedding day, but just wanted to say as a previous client of Christina's (we were married in November in NOLA), we were incredibly pleased with our flowers the day of and felt the entire process was smooth as silk.  I am SUPER Type A when it comes to organizing and I'm pretty sure I switched color schemes at least twice and sent Christina about 75 different pictures of flower/lighting options when we were going through the process so there was every opportunity for something to fall through the cracks.  But, everything the day of was wonderful.  I was on a limited budget for flowers and Christina worked with me to get as close to the pics I was sending to her as possible - also given the winter wedding time our selection of flowers was going to be a bit more limited.  She let me know all of this up front as well as discussing the timing of flower arrival so that they would be at their freshest.  I'd be happy to use her again :)
    dml
  • edited June 2013

ChristinaOMalley First and foremost you delivered the flowers at 3:00pm and my wedding started at 6:30. That is indeed 3 ½ hours. You continue to lie about the moment you entered my hotel room and and the accuracy of the flowers. The point I am making to brides out there is no matter how nice you think the flowers were and how great of a job you did, they were NOT what my husband and I asked for. You completely FAIL to realize that with each conversation.

And again, there NO "INCONSISTENCIES IN MY ACCUSATIONS". I have photos from the photographer as I requested that he take pictures of the flowers as soon as they were delivered. Not hours later.

As previously stated I asked for CORAL. pink is not coral. I'm not sure if you know this but peach is also not coral. So that means, the colors were incorrectly listed on my document. You included the wrong details and provided something else. There were no coral roses as described in your email and proposal. Regardless of what you think you did, those flowers were NOT coral. If you could not get coral flowers you should have made myself and my coordinator aware of that. And again, regardless of what you think you did, my bouquet was NOT what I asked for. Aside from changing the CORAL peonies to CORAL roses, that bouquet should have looked the exact same. IT DID NOT. Some of the bridesmaids bouquets were aged and brown and did not look like the others. This was once they were delivered, not hours later. So do not tell me about how you asked me to sign a disclaimer. They were delivered that way.

Yes we sent pictures and it was written in detail but that is NOT what you provided. That is exactly my point!!!!! Not a single picture I sent you for table centerpieces included greenery. I asked you how much would it be for a large arrangement that looked like the pictures I sent you. You told you could make that for $225. You in turn chose to do what you wanted and add a ton of greenery. Regardless of what your previous photos looked like I wanted them to look like what I sent you. As the client I feel like I had that right.

You are being held responsible for DELIVERING the flowers aged and brown. No matter the time I requested, they were delivered that way. We had vases ready and prepared for the flowers to place them in as soon as they were delivered, and to place them back in after we took the formal pictures. I signed the document under the impression that the flowers were being made that morning and that they would not be delivered already aged and withered. Hence, I stand by what I said that the flower quality you provided was not worth the total cost that I paid and it did not match what I confirmed with you on numerous occasions.

I previously addressed the inaccuracy of my bouquet. I did not ask for similar, I asked for the exact bouquet. This is one thing that I sent you a picture of the VERY FIRST time I ever emailed you and knew I wanted this bouquet. It was so far from what I asked for I could not understand how you even delivered this and thought it was accurate.

While you are quoting me, go back and look at the pictures that were attached. Do you see greenery???? You mentioned you gave me the lowest price point possible but you never mentioned you would have way more greenery in the arrangements than actual flowers or any greenery at all. You wrote in your response that "THERE WAS NO MENTION OF GREENERY NOT BEING USED. DETAILS LIKE THAT WOULD BE SPECIFICALLY WRITTEN ON ANY PROPOSAL." However, I did attach 3 photos of what I wanted and you took it upon yourself to not produce that and add a ton of greenery. So my pictures were confirmation of what I wanted and paid for.

Again Christina, the final proposal reflected colors that WERE NOT USED! When you delivered the flowers I was getting my makeup done. I don't need a lesson on colors and mother nature. Coral is coral, and I have seen coral flowers and roses before in arrangements at weddings I've gone to, have been in and of course on the internet. Those were pink roses... light pink roses. Light pink boutonnieres. Light pink pin corsages. You continue to speak on price points but no matter the option I would have chosen at any price, you would have delivered the same pink roses in the arrangements and no coral. So I do not understand what point you think you are proving.

It is a slap in my face that you cannot see how what you created was not what I asked for. The only inconsistencies are with you. Telling you that the flowers were nice but not what I asked for does not mean you can pat yourself on the back for doing an awesome job. As a professional you should strive to make your customers happy. After I finished with hair and makeup and actually looked at the flowers we were rushing to get dressed for the first look sand formal pictures. My coordinator's main focus was getting another pomander so the 4 year old would not be sad or crying that she did not have what her twin sister had walking down the aisle. I knew by looking at them that it was not was I asked for. I did not have time on MY wedding day to even worry about how sad and upset I was at the flowers I received. The show had to go on and it was nothing I could do about it then. You think my comments were slanderous and insulting, but I think your response and the fact that you do not understand that you did not give me what I asked for or ordered is absolutely ridiculous, sad and unprofessional on your part. Its absolutely preposterous. I asked you previously for a consultation but you never honored that. You would have been able to see that your vision was not my own.

• @danalambert I am very happy that you were pleased with everything for your day. My husband and I were not. Thank God you did not have to deal with what we dealt with. All I can say is she dropped the bomb on us. It happens I guess. 
  • laurendennis725 no offense taken. My husband and I were very specific in our needs to Christina. We had a vision and wanted to see it carried out. We had quite a big order with her and she did not deliver for us. I pray you won't have the same issue when your wedding day comes. The main point I was trying to make was that we did not receive what we asked for. AT ALL.
  • When several clients made me aware of this post I did not ask the Knot to remove it. I felt it’s better to use the opportunity given me and respond with facts that can be backed up so it will not cause any of my clients undue concern...

I apologize to the knot community. Not only for the length of my response but for having to utilize a place for you to get advice, valid information and exchange ideas.

Thank you,

Christina

Even the best florist, or any kind of vendor, can have a bad day or just a client with whom there's just a breakdown in communication that might not be any one person's fault in particular so I don't think we have to judge someone's entire reputation or experience based on one bad experience.  But I DO think it's fair to make some judgment based on how they deal with a bad experience. 

I find it a little ironic that the knot community gets an apology but the upset client deosn't.  I don't know if attacking or disproving each point she made is really the point.  I think good customer service would just be an apology and maybe a partial refund.  I wonder if the original poster would even have posted in the first place if she had just gotten a heart-felt apology for being so disappointed on such an important day.
  • I agree with @Novena2014

Obviously what happened cant be changed, so an apology would be what I would expect. It is part of customer service when you are a vendor, even if you are right.

remember that the client always wins, you can't have them leave with a "bad taste in their mouth" 
  • I have to chime in here too!! I’m planning a small wedding next year so I’ve been carefully researching a lot of comments and reviews (good and bad) to choose my vendors carefully. I have to say I find this one odd. I read a recent comment this poster wrote about her makeup people who are the same I’m considering using. That her 'makeup was applied at 1:00 and her first look was at 3:30'. Yet, here she says 'makeup was being done at 3:00 so she didn’t look at her flowers'. In the original post it says 'they were nice' but then 'delivered aged and withered'. All seems contradictory. I also don’t see more greenery than flowers in the pic provided. If pictures of the bouquets were taken brown and withered on arrival why can’t we see those?I haven’t yet booked her because I only just received my proposal but I do plan to. As one of the above posters wrote she has been far more helpful and detailed than anyone I’ve considered and the multitude of comments I’ve read about her sealed the deal. As has been said this isn’t meant to convey any disrespect and I do find reviews very helpful. This just seems like a full out bash with too many inconsistencies. We’ll never know all the details but who are we to say she didn’t convey an apology for any disappointment the bride felt?  

• I agree with @Novena2014 as well, and really prefer that vendors resolve their issues privately with their clients rather than discussing it on the knot. 
  • lzweifel said:

...who are we to say she didn’t convey an apology for any disappointment the bride felt?  

Well she certainly didn't in the 14 paragraphs she took the time to write out above. 
  • When several clients made me aware of this post I did not ask the Knot to remove it. I felt it’s better to use the opportunity given me and respond with facts that can be backed up so it will not cause any of my clients undue concern.

During my correspondence with Xenia after her initial complaint, I was emailed a pre wedding post she put on the knot stating she had requested her flowers 3 ½ hours prior which was even then incorrect. Her request was for 4 ½ hours prior…..a long lead time to keep corsages, bouquets etc out of water or refrigeration. She commented she was told they could be wrapped in ice packs upon arrival or put in water pics to keep them fresh. We discussed numerous times her solutions and timing were not good for flowers and handling them in such a way after delivery could damage them. She remained firm so I explained for the 1st time in my career I felt the need to have a disclaimer signed. It simply stated that a delivery 4 ½ hours prior to her wedding was in no way recommended and my company couldn’t be held responsible if anything started to perish prior to her wedding. I can only assume something did start to wilt when her ceremony approached. Her desire has been to render the disclaimer invalid by saying they were all delivered not just wilted, but brown and dead. Through other sources we have seen beautiful pictures of her 1st look and gathering with maids, groomsmen, matching flower girls….all prior to her wedding holding their flowers with nothing yet wilted.

When we walked in with her flowers she was standing in line with her bridesmaids in there robes taking pictures. Everyone cheered the flowers arrived so she stopped and personally came over to greet me. When a bride is in the room (not always the case if they’re getting dressed) I love to hold up her bouquet for all to see. She looked over everything and said she was thrilled with her flowers. Since a personal consultation with me was never discussed it was our 1st opportunity to meet & greet. I gave her a list and briefly reviewed who gets what, we hugged and I exited. Only to be called back into the room by someone so the bride could personally hand me an envelope of cash. I  would have been happy to provide wristlet corsages had they been chosen. While it wasn't mentioned in the above post she later said she realized that was her mistake. 

I point out the above for several reasons concerning further discrepancies. In later correspondence to me she denied meeting me when I came in and never even seeing the flowers. That what was witnessed by 20ish people in the room including other vendors and my staff never transpired.

It was evident the flowers were carefully looked at once again by her coordinator after our departure because she noticed I had forgotten a pomander that was added to her order later once final decisions were confirmed. It was updated on my computer doc but not on her hard copy at my studio. Something I took full responsibly for and was happy to rectify quickly. I specifically asked when it would be needed for pictures and had it delivered well within that time frame. Nothing was mentioned even then during our conversation about incorrect colors or dead flowers.

When I received her initial inspiration pictures I explained some of the flowers she listed weren’t in season for her wedding. Including the main feature flower in one of her bouquet pictures. At no time was the word exact ever used or implied. We had various correspondence concerning other flower options to achieve “similar” looks to the numerous pictures she provided. She initially chose some options she liked best but as her wedding approached her flower budget dropped almost in half. She then requested:

Could you provide pricing for something like this, or other options or other flowers?” anything to get the overall cost down.

More options were provided, one changing peonies to “standard” roses further changing her design from her initial desire. Every single flower and color listed on her final document was provided.

Throughout planning I was sent numerous diverse pictures requesting options for 2 large centerpieces. They ranged from tight spheres of flowers to loose textured arrangements. Further options were later requested for budget reasons. I shared several pictures of my work showing what was being described. On her final document the exact (in different colors) picture of what was chosen and provided was still pasted and remained on her document. Because Xenia seemed more comfortable communicating via email, 99% of our correspondence was in writing. When leaving her a voice mail, I would get a responding email from her coordinator. I took the time to carefully review all documents and emails to confirm several things including that the request of no greenery was ever made. Had she chosen certain designs that required none that would have been achieved however this was not the case.

A box of vases was provided for us to utilize at the reception for certain arrangements. While unwrapping them it was noticed the foot of one was broken off. Whether that happened in transit or on site was irrelevant. Part of our job is not to concern anyone about unexpected situations, just too promptly find a solution. My assistant gladly went to 2 locations shopping for something comparable in blue glass and a shape to fit the pre made arrangement.

The day I received her complaint I responded immediately that she deserved a detailed response from me. Given the length of her letter it wasn’t something I could quickly do and asked if she’d mind my getting past what was a busy time for events so I could devote the time she deserved. I then received a very understanding email:

Thank you for acknowledging my email about my concerns. I understand your need to prioritize and I respect your current commitments to your upcoming brides. I by no means want to rush a response from you”

This post is in no way meant to offend the bride so to remain respectful of her privacy I've only shared a few of her personal comments that were pertinent.

Thank you,

Christina

I agree with PP's, this should have been resolved privately. Quoting in case this vendor receives a banhammer. @ChristinaOMalley, vendors are not allowed to post here.
  • Novena2014MJ4205lzweifel I'm so sorry you feel that way. I pray she delivers for your big day and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. As stated above by @Novena2014, even the best florist or vendor can have a bad day. We had quite a large order and she did not deliver for us. It was my job to share my story with future brides as a warning... nothing else. I have that right and would hate for that to happen to you or any one else. My husband and I did not receive what we ordered. If you are interested I can send you more detailed pictures since you can't seem to see whats wrong with the ones I attached. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards