Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Winery Weddings

Hi!
I just got engaged over the weekend, and am looking to try and find a venue for our wedding.  We would like to do this next year, if possible.  We both love wineries, so thought that would be a great place.  Has anyone had their wedding and reception at a winery in Geneva or any of the other wineries in the area?  I am looking for a place that could accomodate about 100 people for a reception as well. 

Thanks so much!
Karyn

Re: Winery Weddings

• Options

We are getting married at Gervasi Vineyard in Canton on July 5th.  It is about an hour drive for most of our wedding guests (we live in North Royalton), but it is absolutely drop dead gorgeous.  Check it out:  www.gervasivineyard.com

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Congrats! You may also want to check out Sarah's Vineyard Winery in Cuyahoga Falls or Thorncreek in Aurora. Both are very cute!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We got married at Gervasi Vineyard in Canton on July 5th.  It was about an hour drive for most of our wedding guests (we live in North Royalton), but it is absolutely drop dead gorgeous.  Check it out:  www.gervasivineyard.com

• Options

In the Geneva area check out Debonne, they have a side building that you could have reserved just for your event, not sure how many people it holds though. Not sure if Ferrante will do an event of that size. Places I know that won't be able to accomodate (Not that they aren't good, just too small or don't host weddings) Laurello's, South River, St. Joseph's, Old Mill Winery and Firehouse. I know the Lakeshouse Inn & Winery had a party room available for rent, not sure of capacity or costs. It's also righ the the strip in Geneva on the Lake & they have some overnight accomodations available onsite.  Here is a link to a list of wineries in the area. Once you find a few that might work for you, I recommend going and doing a wine tasting to make sure they have wines you like. Some wineries have nothing by drier wines, others specialize is sweeter wines, others have a nice variety. Good Luck!!  Also Geneva State Lodge which is in the heart of Wine Country has a beautiful location for weddings. It's in the heart of wine country & has views overlooking Lake Erie. A friend of mine got married there & it was beautiful.

http://www.ohiowines.org/cgi-bin/winery.pl?xe

• Options
    I love the idea of a winery wedding and this place is gorgeous!  Did you have a good experience working with them?  Did you also have your ceremony there?  
  • Options

We got married at Gervasi Vineyard in Canton on July 5th.  It was about an hour drive for most of our wedding guests (we live in North Royalton), but it is absolutely drop dead gorgeous.  Check it out:  www.gervasivineyard.com

I love the idea of a winery wedding and this place is gorgeous!  Did you have a good experience working with them?  Did you also have your ceremony there?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards