Just Engaged and Proposals

Custom engagement ring

phiraphira member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
My partner and I are meeting with a jeweler tonight to discuss and design my engagement ring. We are on a tight budget (ring cannot be more expensive than $1000), and we are pretty sure we know what we want (very simple low profile bezel setting; split shaft near the setting, filled with very simple filigree; white gold; whatever ethical sapphire we can afford that's not BLACK or practically aquamarine).

Does anyone have any advice about what questions we should ask, or what things we haven't thought about? I've never had a piece of jewelry designed before, or purchased jewelry this expensive! I'm so excited, though :)

ETA: Just got home! Looks like we'll definitely be able to afford the ring, although probably without the filigree (the gem I selected is on the smaller side). Very excited to finally be taking such REAL steps towards this wedding!
Anniversary
now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~

Re: Custom engagement ring

• Yay for you! I have a custom ethical sapphire too! We got a lighter colored stone, but it's really pretty. And the white gold band is kind of hammered and unfinished looking. It's really unique.

I love to see sapphire engagement rings.

• Let's see those pics, ladies!
  • I can't even begin to describe my love for sapphires.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• phiraphira member
    I will definitely post pictures in July/August when the ring is finished! It's a very small (0.32ct) slightly green-blue stone. I'm so excited about it :D

@runpipparun your ring is SO gorgeous!!
    Anniversary
  • @phira - I'm glad you're excited! I'm excited you're joining the sapphire club! Congrats on your engagement! I have a few other friends who are in the club. :) One has kind of a Celtic ring. One has a more traditional setting. One has little swirlies around hers. I'll come back and post a picture next week when my wedding band joins the engagement ring. Saturday, aaahhhh!
  • 16maybeless16maybeless member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    Here is mine! Sapphire halo in white gold. Center stone is a little over 1.5 carats, I think? A local jeweler made this, but fiance and I had picked it out about a year before he asked. I love sapphire rings and the brides who wear them; get ready for a million people wanting to see your ring and ask about it. :Pimage
  • NerdyLucyNerdyLucy member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    Here is mine! Sapphire halo in white gold. Center stone is a little over 1.5 carats, I think? A local jeweler made this, but fiance and I had picked it out about a year before he asked. I love sapphire rings and the brides who wear them; get ready for a million people wanting to see your ring and ask about it. :P">

Woot woot for another sapphire gal!

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

• Beautiful rings!!! CONGRATS!!
  • phiraphira member
    Just got an email tonight--MY RING IS READY!!!!!

My partner and I are going to pick it up on Friday after work. Unfortunately, I can't post a picture yet. I get to see the ring, since we need to make sure it looks right, and I get to try it on to make sure it's the right size. But then it goes back in its box, and my partner is going to hold onto it until the proposal.

I'M SO EXCITED, I can't believe we're so close to being engaged aaaaaaaah
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards