Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

How much time for getting ready photos?

My bridal party includes 7 girls and 8 guys. All 15 of us are staying at the hotel the night prior to the wedding day, and we'll be getting ready there.  I want the photographer to catch everything (well, almost everything :) ). The guys shaving, girls doing make-up hair, etc... Not sure how long it's going to take 15 people to get ready at a hotel... We have to leave the hotel by 3PM, so what time should I ask my photographer to show up?

Re: How much time for getting ready photos?

• Depends on how many hours are included and how long you want your photographer there at the end of the night.  What time is the hair and makeup people coming?

Personally, I don't have many getting ready photos.  Most getting ready photos aren't all that pretty.  I didn't want photos with my hair all over the place getting done nor would my DH want any photos with him shaving.  None of them are going to make the album or have their own frame.
  • Perhaps the better question would have been: how long should it take for 15 people to get ready at a hotel?
  • kRd1868 said:
    Perhaps the better question would have been: how long should it take for 15 people to get ready at a hotel?
    For the girls, that's really a question you need to ask your hair stylist and makeup artist.  Are they coming solo or bringing assistants?  Did they tell you how long it would take them to do each person?  I've seen some stylists slow as molasses and others that are pretty efficient.  Have they given you a time they will be there?  Do you even have them booked yet?

The guys can probably get ready much quicker.  Are they getting ready in their own rooms or are all 8 guys going to be in one room?   I doubt your photographer is going to want to bounce between 8 rooms and I doubt 8 guys are going to want to get shave and get ready in one bathroom.  We just have photos of the guys putting on their tuxes and bouts.  

• For the ladies, everyone is doing their own hair and make-up. It's a low-key affair and we don't need anything too crazy. We have 2 adjoining suites for the ladies and 2 for the guys at the hotel that will fit everyone as well as 2 photographers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards