Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Bridal Boutique in York

Hi! I have started looking at dresses at a few places and I was wondering if people had any recommendations on where to look in the York area. My MOH is coming from out of town this Thursday and since she's only coming for a day I was thinking about scheduling both a wedding dress and bridesmaid dress appt. Since I have already looked at David's Bridal and Krys Lyn's I'm debating between Lilla's and Renaissance. Some people absolutely loved Renaissance but since my budget is pretty low I'm not sure what my experience would be with them. I also would not be able to purchase this week because my mom will be working and I could never purchase a dress without her. What do other York brides suggest?

Re: Bridal Boutique in York

• Options

I cannot say enough good things about Renaissance. The people are so friendly and really take the time to talk to you about what you like and don't like. I tried on over 10 dresses and never felt pressured or rushed. Even the owners come out and are involved in the appointment. I felt like I was on an episode of "Say Yes to the Dress" I loved my bridal experience there.

We ordered all the BM dresses there as well :)

Good luck and have fun.

• Options
    I agree! Renaissance was the perfect place to get my wedding dress. Unlike David's bridal, you are only one of two brides in the shop at the time. You feel very special and it is very intimate. My dress ended up being way too big, but they did a wonderful job taking it in to make it fit me perfectly for my day. Not all of their dresses are expensive either.
    Definitely try Renaissance!!
    Good luck :)
  • Options
    The appointment started well until I gave the consultant my budget and then she became very cold. So I did find a dress I loved but even purchasing the sample I am at least double my budget!! And it isn't fun being judged. We then went to Lilla's and they were so much more helpful, even knowing my budget. Renaissance also had a horrible selection of bridesmaid dresses, but we found two options at Lilla's. Since it seems they only sell one brand, that are all pretty much variations of the same dress that was not flattering on my MOH, it was pointless having her try on more than two dresses. 
  • Options
    Thank you for your honest opinion! I wanted to go to Renaissance, but I had a cold reception from them once before. It is so disappointing when they bully you into an appointment.

I recently heard of Lilla's! I can't wait to try them! 
  • Options

I ended up going to Tara's Bridal in Camp Hill, which is actually an outlet. The dress I chose is older, but it's not like any guests will know. I got it over half off so the quality is so much better than if I had purchased at retail within my budget. The owner was wonderful and so helpful - she was also very honest and would say when a dress wasn't working for me. She threw in a veil for free that matched the dress perfectly. I would also recommend Krys Lyn's in York, which is where my second choice dress would have been.

• Options
    I went to both David's Bridal and Lilla's. I ended up getting my dress at Lilla's. I found the staff helpful and the dress selection varied. The only downside for me was they wouldn't allow pictures until you decided on one dress.

Anniversary
  • Options
    We went to Lilla's for the BM dresses, I thought the selection was really nice. I didn't get my gown there (ended up going to In White in Lancaster, I highly recommend!) So I did not get a chance to look at their bridal gowns. But the staff was very attentive and helpful!
  • Options

Try on where your feel comfortable. I tried on at Renaissance but just took note of the maker.  I actually purchased my dress from Pearls place.... paid about 60% less then what they charge!

Pearls place also supplies bridesmaid dresses and MIL.

• Options
    and MOB.  :)
  • Options
    I went to In White in Lancaster as well, I can't say enough wonderful things about them!
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just purchased my gown at Lilla's Bridal Boutique!  The ladies there are so helpful and kind.  There was a good selection of dresses and accessories to go with each.  We are also getting our bridesmaids dresses at Lilla's and due to me purchasing my dress there the girls will get a discount.  It is such a friendly and supportive atmosphere and they make it their goal to find you your dream dress!!  I would highly recommend to anyone. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards