August 2013 Weddings

Checks!

I'm excited that FI and I finally picked out bands this weekend! We went looking a couple months ago, and the jeweler was supposed to get back to us with samples. That didn't end up happening, so we went shopping again and picked them out. I was SHOCKED when I saw how little mine was going to cost.

I also finally got fabric for my centerpiece stands, fabric for the last of the GMs shirts, scanned a bunch of photos for our guestbook, sent out invitations that had been returned, and sent out a LOT of thank you notes from my shower. It was mainly little things, but I hadn't been able to get them off my list for weeks, so I'm glad that's all done!

How was everyone else's weekend?

Re: Checks!

• My weekend was super exhausting.  We moved into our new apartment on Saturday and spent Saturday night and Sunday unpacking and running errands.  It was difficult because we registered for a lot of stuff we need, but since we moved earlier we may not be able to wait until after the wedding. 

We also found favor bags and scoops for our candy buffet while we were out running errands!
  • Congrats on the checks! This weekend my BMs threw me a bachelorette party which was so amazing and fun. I also ordered the groomsmen gifts for FI and started writing out shower thank yous. We began getting rsvps so I've been happily recording choices and making tables :) yay!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay, good checks!

We finally booked a limo for the wedding, which is a huge relief. It was really starting to stress me out because I really didn't want an SUV limo and a lot of places had their megastretch limos already booked for the day. We found one, though! :)

I am all doing with shower thank you's and will pop them into the mail today. I also got my wooden letters in the mail for our thank you cards. This is what we're doing: http://pinterest.com/pin/239676011389672118/. So I'll paint those this week!

Now it's just little things I have to do, like find a good undergarment for with my dress so I can go for my first fitting next week. Any suggestions, ladies? I'm not looking for one with a bra; I'm having cups sewn in since the dress hits at  the middle of my back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• @xxstardust I'm also getting cups sewn in since my dress has a lower back too.  I just had my first fitting and the only undergarment I needed was underwear.
  • We got alot done this weekend too!  Fiance's band was ordered, I finished my "Mr. & Mrs." chair signs, cut down all my invitations we received on Friday, cut the lace for the belly bands, decided on ties through Etsy and printed all the maps for the invites. 

This weekends agenda is going to be assembling the invites, printing envelopes and menus, card box bunting and finding earrings to go with my necklace.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @audubonbride2013, I'm glad to hear that! I'm having a ... heated discussion with my mother about this right now. If my dress is already boned, is not  too small/tight (it's too big), do I really need the extra layer of spanx?? I just want to wear panties and call it a day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards