Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Couple Bridal Shower

So my FMIL has asked the last couple times when I've seen her if anyone is planning a bridal shower for me. No one has offered and it doesn't matter to me if their is one or not and let it drop. When I saw her this weekend she said that her and my fiances aunt would love to throw one for me and I need to let them know what weekend in the fall would work for me. I'm not fond of the idea of it just being women and I've mentioned this in the past so she stated she would love it if it was thrown for both my fiance and I and not just me (yea!!).  However, I feel bad at the same time that she is hosting and not sure how a couples shower works. Wanted your opinions/answers to some questions I have, thanks guys!

1. Who do you invite? I don't want to invite the whole wedding obviously but since it's not just women (aunts, etc) where do we draw the line?

2. Should I ask my mom to see if she would be willing to help them out so its more like both sides of the family hosting? I guarentee none of my aunts would want to help host but I would feel better if someone from my side helped to host.

3. Stupid question...but do you just call it a couples shower since its not just the bride?

Re: Couple Bridal Shower

• Options
    1. The host(s) of the shower decided how many guests to invite. Usually, they ask the bride for a guest list. 

2. It's not appropriate for the bride to ask anyone to help with the shower. If your mom brings it up, make sure she and FMIL have each other's contact information. Let them figure it out.

3. Some people call it a Jack and Jill shower. The invitation should indicate that the shower is for Bride's Name and Groom's name. The guests will know that both men and women are invited because their names will be on the invitation.

• Options
    Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards