Honeymoon Discussions

South America Opinions?

FI and I were chatting about our honeymoon and I told him I would like to go to a place neither one of us has been (easy for him, harder for me).  I have been to much of the Caribbean on cruises so a resort isn't our first choice.  We just got back from a cruise on Sunday so I would rather not do that.

Then Andy mentioned South America and it sounded interesting.  Has anyone been to Brazil or Peru?  Those are probably my top two choices after my first skim of destinations.  We like beaches, snorkeling and adventure mixed in with doing nothing.  He is more of a foodie than I am but we just need decent food.  We would like to spend a week and we are open to changing locations within that time frame.

Any recommendations or places to avoid?  
photo composite_14153800476219.jpg

Re: South America Opinions?

• Brazil and Peru are both wonderful places. If you go to Peru I would def recommend going to Cuzco and Machu Picchu on the inca trail. That would probably take the full week though. If you are looking for a combo of adventure and relaxation, I would choose Brazil. Rio is a fun city. I would also go to the pantanal or the amazon. Plus they have some pretty amazing waterfalls on the border of Argentina. Brazil is probably more well known for their food as well. Either place, you will have an amazing honeymoon.
  • I have heard amazing things about Peru and Argentina, although I haven't been to either. H and I are currently planning a trip to Ecuador for next year to visit the Galapagos islands - if that's your type of thing, it would be a really unique experience.

Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My boss just got back from a 2 week trip to Peru and she had an amazing time!  I don't think her vacation included a lot of down time, since it was a trip through Road Scholar (so more like a learning vacation than just a regular vacation).  While this probably isn't what you are looking for in a honeymoon it might give you some ideas of what to do while there.  I think this was the trip she took: http://www.roadscholar.org/n/program/summary.aspx?dID=1-65VTOL

She said that Machu Picchu was very fun to explore. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks!

We did a 180 degree reversal last night and decided to go to the Dominican Republic to an AI.  South America was going to be too expensive and we want to buy a bigger house next summer.  That extra money would be better spent on a down payment.  :)

One of these days I will get down there.  The tour packages I had skimmed through looked pretty amazing!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards