Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Good Christmas Stories? Good Presents?

Tell me about your christmas!  Did you get everything you wanted? Anything you wanted that you will have to pick up for yourself?  What's the best present you got/saw someone receive?  Any funny stories, or awkward family moments?

FI got me an ipod nano, which I've been wanting for forever.  It will make the hours in lab pass by easier I think!  That was probably my favorite gift.

My stepdad got my mom a Kindle and I have to say, I don't think I've ever seen her so happy over a gift.  She jumped up and down like a little kid.  It was awesome to see her so happy - my stepdad is def a keeper :)

Re: Good Christmas Stories? Good Presents?

• Options
    phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The best gift was my new Bulova watch. I've wanted a nice classy watch for the longest time as I've had the same old, leather band forever! Looks really nice with wedding band and engagement ring. He also got me some more calaveras (mini size skeleton statutes dressed in human attire-Day of the Dead related for anyone who's familiar with it). I have a "community" of more than 10 now.

Our niece was mesmorized with everything she got, until something new was opened and then she got bored with the already "old news" one. She's 1.5 yrs.

We celebrated Christmas at in-laws with his one sister, and then yesterday his other sister and her family came into town so we had another mini Christmas. My parents are coming in for New Years (can't wait, haven't seen them since the wedding!) so we'll be doing Christmas celebrating with them then.

mdphd-I love my ipod! DH got me a nano for my birthday this year  to replace my archaic one from '05. Had it for a couple of months but then the day after we got back from our HM I was beyond jet lagged and forgot to take it out of my coat. Sure enough I washed the coat with the ipod in it. He was able to replace it, but no inscription this time :(
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! An iPod will most definitely come in handy during those long days at the lab!

I got exactly what I wanted! My mom and dad got for both FI and I the Digital SLR camera I've been wanting (specifically for the HM, but I also would love to just dabble into photography a bit!) I'm SO in love with it! They got us the Nikon D3100 along with a 55m-200m zoom lens! I have been playing with it all weekend! lol... They also got me a few pieces of jewelry from Jcrew that I've had my eye on!

FIs parents got us the other 1/2 of what we wanted! lol - they got us a Canon flash memory camcorder (also specifically for our HM) and we love it! I haven't gotten a chance to play yet but FI said it's really great!

As for seeing someone recieve a great gift, we really didn't have it this year as much. It was a pretty low-key Christmas and there were no real over the top gifts...

Lol - funny story though. On Christmas Day, we got home from church and I went to my room to change into my comfy clothes (lol) so I put my night pants/comfy tee and slippers on... well I proceeded to go down the stairs and my slipper slipped off my foot and I fell down the steps! OMG It was terrible! I basically couldn't walk all day - I think I really bruised my tailbone - but it was funny after it happened! lol... my entire family came running over and my mom and dad basically had to carry me to the couch b/c it knocked the wind out of me and I felt like I couldn't breathe! It was insane...

Oh and we also had an instance with one of my cousins on Christmas Eve but it's FAR too long and complicated of a story to get into! lol... let's just say it was an interesting night!
  • Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    gmc--that sucks! Glad you're ok though!

I got a beautiful long pink wool coat. And a matching set of ivory-colored hat/scarf/gloves to go with it :) Just what I was hoping for. But then as a surprise gift, a Kitchenaid stand mixer!! I was/am SOOO excited!

Haven't exchanged gifts yet with FI. I am at my parents' house for one last Christmas apart, and I'm planning to drive back to Pittsburgh tomorrow night or maybe not until Thursday morning. Torn between getting back and seeing FI, and spending one last night with my sisters and parents at the house we've lived in since I was 9 years old :(  My parents found out today that their offer was accepted and they'll be moving in 3 weeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    philly - i love the ipod!  Some people don't like the  new nano version, but I love it.  So compact!  I think you should post pictures of this watch.

g - glad you are ok after falling... my house has really narrow stairs at home and im always afraid of falling down them.

Katie- Last Christmas in your childhood home sounds tough... but I'm glad you got to go back.  FI and I also spent Christmas apart, and we exchanged gifts ahead of time. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! I got TONS of stuff from my mom. My favorites are a nice hand mixer, Vera Wang perfume, awesome gloves/scarf, super cute purse, etc. No fun stories, just a lot of travel. It is fun watching my nephews open gifts. They are so dang cute!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards