Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Father daughter dance

My father passed away so I don't get the pleasure of a father daughter dance at my wedding; I'm older and have children would it be appropriate to do a group dance with my children instead?

Re: Father daughter dance

• I'm sorry to hear about your father. Personally, I wouldn't replace it with anything. You could honor your dad's memory in the program, or in the before meal prayer, etc. If you want to recognize your children, maybe have them introduced with the wedding party or make them readers for the ceremony. Or if you're hosting the wedding yourself, you/FI could welcome guests and acknowledge whoever you want (your dad, your kids, etc.) at that time.
    *********************************************************************************

• I'm sorry about your father.

I think the dance with your children would be lovely.

• I'm with Maire - I think it would be lovely if that is what you would like to do.
  • My father has not passed but has not spoken to me in over 6 years... I am doing a mother/daughter dance instead of the father/daughter... Because yours is a different situation, maybe do a family group dance in honor of your father?
  • I can't really picture a "group" dance, but if you want to dance with your family since you can't dance with your dad, more power to you.

Anniversary

• I think that sounds nice! I would just run it by your children and make sure they are comfortable with a spotlight dance.
  • @Dreamergirl8812 - That's the cutest competitive voyeur I've ever seen. I'd give him a 10 out of 10 for a score. 

At least you can laugh at yourself : )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards