Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Secrets Resorts?

ohmrs2014ohmrs2014 mod
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
edited June 2013 in Honeymoon Discussions
Have any of you ladies ever stayed at a Secrets Resort?  I know that they are all inclusive and they look amazing.  It also doesn't hurt that they appear to be cheaper than Sandals.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks ladies!

ETA:  put Sandals instead of Secret.  I think its time for bed since I can't type LOL.
Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Secrets Resorts?

• Options
    I've been to a few of them. Each one has a different vibe. What type of experience are you looking for?

• Options
    We are def looking for a more relaxing experience, as well as it being AI.  Our biggest thing is that we don't want to break the bank for the experience and luxury of going somewhere more relaxing.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cofkelcofkel member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I went to a secrets in Jamaica, it was ok, not the best resort I have been too, food was a little repetitive but nice, clean and good service.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think Secrets Capri sounds like a good fit for you. It tends to be a little less expensive than others (The Vine, Maroma) and it's one of their smallest properties, but for the price, every room is preferred club. So, you get some perks that other resorts make you pay extra for.

• Options
    kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I really enjoyed Secrets the Vine.  All the Secrets resorts tend to have frequent deals with free nights, and weddig/anniversary packages.
  • Options

FI and I went to Secrets Maroma Beach for BFF's wedding and it was worth every single penny!!!

The rooms, the staff, the drinks, everything can't be beat.  Comparing our Secrets experience with a couple friends who have been to Sandals and Secrets blew them away.  I know we had 24 hour room service what every we wanted and a wonderful swim-out suite with them bringing room service straight to our pool, all at midrange prices (not paying extra for the preferred club).  It didn't sound like friends at Sandals had the same flexibility of service.

The staff was out of this world, they had to be watching us on camera.  Everyone was greeting us by name, pool manager was setting up our chairs exactly where we wanted them as he saw us walking up, by day 3 pool staff was bringing us our drinks of choice without ever even asking.  The staff really made a difference on our stay. 

Now all of this was when Maroma was a newish resort and I have heard they do get quite busy now, but never lacked in service.  We wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Options

We HMed at Secrets Maroma and loved it. I don't know that I would say it was worth the upgrade for Preferred Club; but I do know they've made several enhancements to the resort since we were there (Oct 2010) so perhaps now it'd be worth it.

I also agree with PP on Secrets Capri being another great, but less expensive option.  I would avoid Silversands. We've had friends go and were disappointed with the beach, food and ambiance

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards