Texas-Austin
Options

Florist

I am getting married in August and still don't have a florist!

Any recommendations on an affordable florist? Within a 500-800 budget. I contacted central market already but they can't guarantee me the flowers I want.

Re: Florist

• Options
    Have you thought about buying them wholesale and diy? That is probably what we are going to go with. We are having very simple centerpieces and bouquets though!
  • Options
    Yes I am just not sure I will have the time or the help. My mom was talking about doing them, but she is concerned about the flowers staying fresh plus we live in Houston and we are going to stay in Austin on Friday and the wedding is Saturday. Do you have any recommendations on wholesalers in Austin? We are wanting to do the centerpieces ourselves and maybe have someone else do the wedding party flowers. It's all up in the air right now but I have to make a final decision soon.
  • Options
    I sent you a message about my florist/planner, who I ended up using for all flowers for the wedding because her pricing was very affordable and her creative ideas came to life on our day. We ended up with an abundance of gorgeous arrangements and bouquets, that were everything I dreamed up and more. If you're looking to do some DIY arrangements (I didn't have the patience, time or the talent and I wanted to trust a professional to care for them overnight, since we were already tossing out money towards a ton of flowers). I know one of my friend's is hiring my florist to also do her bridal party's flowers and purchase flowers in bulk through her as well. Apparently, you need some special license to buy direct. Buying from a wholesaler over anyone in town is really the best way to go if you're trying to save money. Best of luck to you! Hope it works out. :-)
  • Options
    Oh yes I got it thank you so much! I replied to your PM :) Check your inbox!!
  • Options
    DNA4EVER13 - do you mind sending me the name of the florist y'all used as well? Our budget is $1,200 and every Austin florist I've looked at has a $2,000-$2,500 minimum. We're now looking at artificial centerpieces to absorb some of the costs. Thank you so much!!
  • Options
    DNA4EVER13 - do you mind sending me the name of the florist y'all used as well? Our budget is $1,200 and every Austin florist I've looked at has a $2,000-$2,500 minimum. We're now looking at artificial centerpieces to absorb some of the costs. Thank you so much!!
    Her name is Christina Alfonso

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards