Outdoor Weddings
Options

Should I be concerned about Grass Stains on my dress?

A few weeks ago I found the perfect dress and I am just crazy about it.  However, my wheels have recently started turning (as they seem to do every night recently when I'm trying to fall sleep)!

Our wedding is outdoors, and the reception will be on a grassy area. Do I need to be concerned about having unsightly grass stains on my dress? Now I am starting to worry about being the bride with the green-bottom dress. 

How to manage?  My dress is long and silk taffeta.

Does anyone have experience with this? Should bustling do the trick? image

Re: Should I be concerned about Grass Stains on my dress?

• Options
    I was in an outdoor wedding this weekend where the bride wore silk taffeta. 

Pre-reception, we tried to help her carry it around so that there was minimal dragging. Then she bustled, so it was less of an issue. She did get some grass stains on her dress, but nothing too noticeable unless you were looking for them. 

Long story short - you'll likely get some small grass stains, but that's what dry cleaning is for. 
  • Options
    Cool! Who cares about wearing it again, i just don't want it to look like Oscar the Grouch is hiding under my dress!! :-) 

Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    Nah, you'll be fine. Honestly, the only reason I noticed the grass stains was because I was carrying her train around all day. 

Beautiful dress! :)
  • Options
    Tide to go. I got married outside in a total downpour (under a tent but had to walk outside under an umbrella to the tent). Had a silk chiffon dress & tide to go got the mud spots out of my dress
  • Options

First of all, I love your dress! I was convinced that was the one for me, until I tried it on and it looked awful on me!!!!

I am also  getting married outside, the girl is hemming mine an extra inch to help out with grass stains and dragging it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yup, I had a ballgown monstrosity and an outdoor wedding, so I ended up with some grass stains.

No biggie, dry cleaning took care of it.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards