Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Re: DOC

• You're right to not ask your family, as you want everyone (including yourself) to enjoy the wedding day.
    However, a DOC is not likely to save you money, more just save you a lot of headaches (which, in my opinion, is worth it). If you want a full-service event planner, they may be able to save you money in certain areas. Did you want someone to just help the day move slowly, or someone to help plan the event?
    I just had a DOC, and while I did almost all of the planning myself, she really helped me tie it all together the day of.

Also, what is your budget?
  • I agree that DOCs don't really save you much money.  Coordinators save you money in that they will make sure that you stay on budget, and they often get "perks" from other vendors with whom they frequently work.  For example, my coordinator arranged with my florist to do half of my tables all floral, and another half (designed by the coordinator) with less floral.  The florist either gave her the flowers or she paid for them herself, but I never saw that cost.

Most of the time they reserve that benefit for their full-service clients, simply because those clients pay more.  However, I'm sure most of them at least have a list of vendors they would be willing to share (sometimes for a fee) who would probably give discounted services for the recommendation.

That said, my (full service) coordinator was Meredith Commender with Significant Events of Texas.  She is not cheap, but she does offer day-of and was worth every penny we paid her.
    Anniversary

• Catherine Ball events is my coordinator. Shes been great! We've been working together for a combo of planning and day-of stuff, and she's more affordable than a lot of other coordinators. http://www.catherineballevents.com/
  • Vendors are not allowed on the boards. You have been reported.
  • You use the words "what we do as a business" and "our objective" and "what we give to you" and you clearly list your email. You are not allowed to post even if you are not soliciting directly. My dear.
  • I am using Kathy Gillard-Bull with Plan It With Me.  She's done a handful of my friends' and acquaintances' weddings, and I have always been very impressed with her professionalism and her ability to get the job done.  I've worked with her on events, and that's why I hired her.  She's very no-nonsense, and she is a straight shooter.  She has several packages, and I do believe she has a DOC package available. 

As far as saving money, Kathy has been great for me because she has provided vendors at each price point, and she has some pretty good references for people who are GREAT at what they do and charge less than industry standard.  She knows great florists who don't have a brick and mortar store and can charge less, people who are trying to build their business, and things like that.  A lot of it is what's most important to you - and she works with you to figure that out and save money where she can. 

My fiancee was skeptical as to why we needed a planner since I'm so organized, and when we moved up our date, my mom didn't think we needed as much from our planner, but Kathy has proven both of them wrong, and she's definitely helped me.  I mean, let's be real, unless wedding and event coordinator is your full time job, you don't necessarily know what all the contracts need to include or where the push points are on negotiating.  I don't feel like I'm the person to do all of this at all, and she has definitely been a lifesaver. 

Happy to provide information if more is needed.  :)
  • Dunno if you still need one, but we're using Sarah Kee with Keestone Events. Shes pretty great but don't take my word for it, you should definitely schedule some consultations and see which ones you vibe with the best both financially and personally. www.keestoneevents.com.
  • I used C&C Entertainment. Carrie Ebbeson was my DOC & they also have a package available (that we did) where we also get DJ too (her husband). Carrie was very professional and sweet. Loved her! They are also very affordable. Here's the link to their FB page.
  • EventsByHarperDavis.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards