North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

please no children

How do I nicely inform my guests that children are not invited to our wedding? Does this go on the response card? How did you word this if you also didn't invite the little ones to your wedding!! 

Re: please no children

• Options
    The inside envelope lists the names of the people invited. Be prepared to make some phone calls when some guests disregard it!
  • Options
    We had an adult only wedding, aside from those in the bridal party. I believe etiquette says not to put that information on the invite or RSVP card. We had it on our website. Not sure what your invites look like, but we didn't have an inside envelope, some have suggested putting a line on the RSVP card stating 2 seats have been reserved in your honor, or something along those lines. The no children was spread pretty well via word of mouth for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HMWKHMWK member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Thanks! I really only have maybe 3 families that I have that would have children to worry about hopefully being im having a destination wedding they wouldnt consider bringing their children....if they come at all.
  • Options
    Thanks! I really only have maybe 3 families that I have that would have children to worry about hopefully being im having a destination wedding they wouldnt consider bringing their children....if they come at all.
    It will spread word of mouth. However, the flip side is that families will also use this as a chance for a mini vacation, so be prepared for a few calls like PP said. If you're firm with your decision, then party on :)

• Options
    I think the fact that it is a destination wedding (in a family destination) makes it more likely they will bring their children. Maybe look into a sitter service.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards