Illinois-Chicago

PLEASE HELP!! 5k wedding budget no wiggle room

Hi all, I've read 12 pages of discussions, googled my butt off for 3 months but still have come up with nothing. My husband and I got married on April 8th this year (4 days before my baby brother passed away, I wanted him to be alive for it) we did a quick city hall thing in Hammond, but are wanting to have a reception in may-June 2014. We are on a VERY tight budget, as I spent most of my budget on my brothers expenses when he passed away. This not to get sympathy, it's a fact, I now only have a 5,000 budget. I would love to find a venue that's from $1000, $1500 all in, that allows me to bring my own alcohol to give away and catering. We have friends that cater and can start collecting bottles. We are looking at about 90-110 gusts maximum. It's really hard finding a spot because I live on Windsor, Canada and my husband lives in Chicago. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: PLEASE HELP!! 5k wedding budget no wiggle room

• I would contact Jamie at Mrs. Murphy and Sons Irish Bistro. You wouldn't have to worry about catering or paying for alcohol. We are getting married there and will be spending less than 5k for the reception. My only caveat is that it likely will be too small for the full 110 people. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Great! Thank you so much, I'll give them a call, I will be inviting 110, highly doubt they will all make it as 30 of them are from Canada. I'll give them a call today
  • I had my wedding there - for a buffet dinner of corned beef and chicken and open bar with top shelf we paid like 10,000 for 100 people so I don't know how you're figuring that unless you don't do food or have beer only.  However 110 would fit just fine for a party upstairs.  There are no hidden fees as the Irish Bistro - linens, sound system, bartender, etc. are all worked into it and Jaime is like your assistant whenever you need it (within reason!). 
  • Irish Bistro was great - just not thinking it would give you the pricing you are looking for. 10K was after taxes and tips (taxes are high in the city).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards