Wedding Party

Processional and Kids Titles

I know that technically we can probably do whatever we want, but our wedding party is different than any we have ever seen and I was wondering if what we have discussed makes sense or if anyone has any better ideas.

We have 1 Best Man, 2 Groomswomen, and 1 Groomsman. On my side there are 2 Maids of Honor and 3 Bridesmaids. One of the bridesmaids is married to the groomsman. We also have a our daughter (she wants to be a flower girl but she is also carrying the rings, so whatever you want to call that), and then 4 boys and 4 girls ranging in age from infant to 7 years old. Our plan for the processional:

Best Man & Groom either walk up the aisle or enter from side
2 Bridesmaids
1 Bridesmaid and 1 Groomsman (the married couple)
2 Groomswomen
2 Maids of Honor
Kids (in three separate groups by family)
Our daughter
Me

And then for the recessional the Best Man would just walk either by himself or with both maids of honor.

The two maids of honor and the two groomswomen are our sisters, so we liked the idea of them walking together instead of with someone from the opposite side. Does this make sense or is it going to seem really off and weird?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Processional and Kids Titles

• Oh and I obviously forgot the second part of my question. What would you call all the kids? Obviously the 4 boys will not be bearing any rings but should I just still call them that in the programs? Also, would it be weird to list all of them as the niece/nephew of the bride & groom (meaning both, not just the one they are biologically related too)? We have been aunt and uncle to all of these kids since the day they were born, so it just feels weird to not put that, but I don't know if other people would side-eye that.

• Do all these kids really want to be in your wedding, as in, they agreed without being under pressure to do so?

Assuming they do, don't make distinctions between biological and non-biological nieces or nephews.  I myself would just list them by name and "bridesmaid/groomsman" and let it go at that.
  • Jen4948 said:
    Do all these kids really want to be in your wedding, as in, they agreed without being under pressure to do so?

Assuming they do, don't make distinctions between biological and non-biological nieces or nephews.  I myself would just list them by name and "bridesmaid/groomsman" and let it go at that.
    The older ones asked, the baby's mom wanted her to match the other kids, we are getting her a present, and she may be carried down the aisle by one of her parents because everyone she knows (mom, dad, aunts and uncles, and grandparents) that will be at the wedding is a part of the wedding, so I don't really think she will mind but I guess technically no she doesn't want to be part of the wedding.

There are two that didn't asked to be in the wedding, more in between aged, but they were both asked and said yes. And like I said in another thread, we are totally comfortable with just going with the flow and whatever happens that day is fine. Honestly we have them all because the oldest ones asked about it, which means some of the others got excited and also wanted to. At that point we could have left out the youngest but we love them all, they'll all have fun together at the rehearsal and reception, and we are fully prepared for things to not go well and for some of them not to make it through the ceremony. And yes, because they will look cute in pictures but that was more their parents reasoning than mine (may as well get them all in matching outfits to get some nice family pictures).

As far the the names, I don't understand what you mean. They are all one of our sisters kids, some on my side some on his, so all biological nieces/nephews to one of us. I would like to put "Niece of the Bride & Groom" instead of "Niece of the Bride" for my sisters' kids (and the same for his sister's kids), because he has always been their uncle even before we were engaged. I didn't know if that would look weird. It might make the most sense to just leave it off though, that's true.

• I think saying "Niece/Nephew of bride and groom" is very nice, and I wouldn't side-eye it.

We are having 4 kids in ours, but we're just listing them as "ringbearer/flower girl" and their names, without distinguishing their relationship to us.
  • Why do you need to identify the relationships you have to these kids?  That's what I mean by just using their names.  I don't see that it's necessary to identify them as nieces, nephews, or whatever.
  • I think saying "Niece/Nephew of bride and groom" is very nice, and I wouldn't side-eye it.
    This :-) Good luck! Sounds like a fun day!
  • Jen4948 said:
    Why do you need to identify the relationships you have to these kids?  That's what I mean by just using their names.  I don't see that it's necessary to identify them as nieces, nephews, or whatever.
    I got that, I just thought since you said biological and non-biological you thought I was thinking of somehow differentiating a step-niece or something like that, which would be a pretty shitty thing for me to do so I wanted to clarify.

• amalama said:
    Jen4948 said:
    Why do you need to identify the relationships you have to these kids?  That's what I mean by just using their names.  I don't see that it's necessary to identify them as nieces, nephews, or whatever.
    I got that, I just thought since you said biological and non-biological you thought I was thinking of somehow differentiating a step-niece or something like that, which would be a pretty shitty thing for me to do so I wanted to clarify.
    Oh, no.  I agree with you completely that differentiating would be a shitty and unnecessary thing to do.  I have half-nieces and a half-nephew in addition to a full niece and nephew, but I think of them all as "nieces" and "nephews" and don't make distinctions between "half" and "full" nieces and nephews because that to me would be shitty to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards