June 2013 Weddings
Options

Baby brain

So, now the we are all in the process of getting married, or already there.. Who has thought about kids?

Do you and your new hubby want any?
How many?
When will you start trying?

I think we will wait a few years. We want to get our business stable and buy a house first, maybe travel some more! But I could stand to have 3 or 4 munchkins around.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Baby brain

• Options
    We have definitely discussed having kids and we both want at least 2. We will probably start trying in 2 years, once we are done with grad school and hopefully have a house of our own. Right now it's great just being an aunt and uncle to our 5 nieces and nephews.
  • Options
    We want to wait a couple years till we fixed up our house and have a couple more vacations and travel. I want two. girl and boy but will keep trying till i get a girl!
  • Options
    I've had baby brain on and off since high school!! Haha, I adore kids (I'm an elementary school teacher) and can't wait to have some of my own. DH also loves kids and is excited about the idea of becoming a father, and if we did happen to get pregnant unexpectedly he wouldn't be upset at all, but he is not quite as eager to start the baby-making process just yet LOL, he wants us to have a good amount of husband/wife time and also have plenty of time to save money. But when we do start having kids he wants four!! I was thinking more around 2-3 but he comes from a family of six kids (I'm the oldest of three) and he really wants a big family. And of course his quirky self does not want an odd number of kids so we can't compromise at three! Haha.

We've talked about it and we'll probably start trying sometime in 2015. Although I've already started lurking TheBump. LOL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I want at least one of each. I think FI is scared to have a girl. :) he doesn't want to have to worry so muc about her well being. We will probably wait 2 years or so..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I already have kids. We aren't having any kids together.
  • Options
    We're planning to wait a couple years before we start trying. Our next goal is to replenish our savings and buy a house... then we'll be ready for a baby. So far we're only sold on having one, and we're hoping for a little girl. We'll see what happens :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    hordolhordol member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    We want 2-3 kids and also want one of them to be adopted. We are going to wait a year after marriage and then reassess if we are ready or not, and if we are then I will stop taking birth control. We are going to take our first year of marriage as an opportunity to travel.

PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    We already have a 1 1/2 year old son and have discussed starting to try for another in about a year. I would love another right now, but I think realistically its smart for us to wait and my husband always seemed like he wanted to wait even longer! So imagine my surprise that my husband has said 3 times since our wedding 2 days ago that he's ready for another baby!!! So who knows there may be another baby in our lives sooner rather than later ♥
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We want 2 and are hoping to wait at least 2 years before "trying."  We own a business so that is our "baby" right now, and want some selfish time to just enjoy being married.  We are in the process of house hunting too, so that's the first priority :) and we also want to be financially stable before kids too. 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards