Wedding Reception Forum

Color Clash?

I'm getting married March 29, and even though it's "officially" spring, my FI and I are deciding to play it as a winter wedding if we focus on the season at all. Our primary wedding color is red with a hint of gold (a throw to his San Francisco 49ers). I thought just having the two would be bland, and I don't want to use too much gold, anyway- would white and tan be good accent colors? I feel like white goes with anything in the right dose, but I want to pick another light accent. I'm just not sure if tan works. Does any one have any other color accent suggestion to go with red and gold for a wintry feel without looking like Christmas? Thanks!

Re: Color Clash?

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I'm getting married March 29, and even though it's "officially" spring, my FI and I are deciding to play it as a winter wedding if we focus on the season at all. Our primary wedding color is red with a hint of gold (a throw to his San Francisco 49ers). I thought just having the two would be bland, and I don't want to use too much gold, anyway- would white and tan be good accent colors? I feel like white goes with anything in the right dose, but I want to pick another light accent. I'm just not sure if tan works. Does any one have any other color accent suggestion to go with red and gold for a wintry feel without looking like Christmas? Thanks!

People do Red and White weddings at all times of the year. The accents of gold will be fine...not sure what you'd need tan for.

I'd really suggest taking the word "winter" out of your plans though. It's going to be two days away from April...the winter wonderland theme wouldn't really make sense.

• Just use red, white and gold.  No need to call it winter anything.  And leave the tan out of it...just seems like a random color to throw in.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards