Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Veil + Headband?

So I have been trying to decide which I want to wear more on my wedding day - a veil or a headband.  Well now I'm starting to think why not have both?!?  Below is a picture of the headband that I realllly want!  I would just do a really simple veil then and probably tuck it under the curls in my updo.  Have any other brides contemplated doing both?  Think it would be too much??

Re: Veil + Headband?

• I don't think it would be too much at all.  I wore a blingy wrap aroundn head band and a plain veil for my ceremony.

I will say that I prefer a veil to be above the updo.  Whenever I see a veil below it always looks like it is either about to fall out or that the updo is vomiting a veil.

• I don't think it would be too much at all.  I wore a blingy wrap aroundn head band and a plain veil for my ceremony.

I will say that I prefer a veil to be above the updo.  Whenever I see a veil below it always looks like it is either about to fall out or that the updo is vomiting a veil.

I thought I was the only one that thought veils under up dos look like a weird growth coming out of the bride's head! So glad I'm not.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @nicolebrandon- can I ask where you found that headband and how much it costs? I'm looking for something similar to that, but haven't been able to find something I Iike less than $75.
  • Thanks for all of the input!  I ended up getting the headband and now I'm in seach of a veil. :)  I got the headband off of Etsy.com and it was around $50.  It came a few days ago and I love it!!
  • Go for it, I did blingy headband and veil set on the back of my head towards the top (I have short hair) and I think it looked great.
  • I think that would be absolutely beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards