Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Park

I was wondering if anyone has had a outside wedding at a park? Mine will but I am more shy and don't want strangers staring at me.

Re: Park

• I was wondering if anyone has had a outside wedding at a park? Mine will but I am more shy and don't want strangers staring at me.

We got married at a park.  It isn't a highly trafficked park though, so we didn't have a lot of non-wedding guests wandering around. 
  • Thanks I think it is the same not much traffic because it is in a small town.

• Mine wasn't, but I was in the wedding party of an outdoor wedding in a highly-trafficked urban park.  If your question is whether or not there were strangers staring, yes, there absolutely were, including random tourists trying to take photographs and people who had to be gently shooed away from where the guests were gathered.
  • If you're that concerned about people watching you, I would change my plan to pick a place that the public can't generally wander into to gawk.
  • Our ceremony and reception were inside a hotel, but we did our pictures in the park outside of the hotel. There were people around and some stopped to watch us, but no one was gawking. It wasn't awkward at all. You'll have to just accept that getting married in a public place means some people will be likely to stop and watch for a minute.
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    My mom and dad live near a park where lots of bridal couples and their families and wedding parties come to take pictures.  The park does get a lot of use by other people, so I'm sure there's plenty of staring.  It's just a hazard of getting married or taking pictures in a public place.
  • We got married in a public park, and had no issues. There were baseball games going on, people walking on the track, and kids on the playground, and people did wander or glance over from time to time, but no one stared or bothered anyone. Once the ceremony started I stopped noticing. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards