Flowers

Delivery fees?

I'm just curious, but what is the average delivery fee? I met with two different florists today, both recommended by my venue. Their delivery fees were $50 (1 mile from venue) and $600 (40 miles from venue).
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Delivery fees?

• $600 for 40 miles seems outrageous!  Our original venue was about an hour away, and the delivery fee was going to be $250 for delivery and setup. It was $175 with the venue we ended up at, and that was about 15 miles away. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I thought it was outrageous, especially since it's 1/3 of my flower budget!  
  • My delivery/set up fee is $40 and it's about a mile from my venue as well.. the $600 is RIDICULOUS.
  • my lady is charging me 75$ because its "early" ::rolls eyes::
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• $600 is super ridiculous. Ours is $100 and it's 20 miles from our venue. 
  • Thanks for the feedback.  I met with 4 other florists, and they all were between $50-150 on delivery fees. In the end, I went with a florist that's about 30 miles away.  She's only charging me $50 for delivery because I was referred by a friend.  
  • I got several delivery fee quotes from different florist. They ranged from$250 to $10. $50 sounds reasonable for delivery/ set up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards