August 2013 Weddings

Has anybody ever second guessed the dress they've already bought?

I bought my dress a little over 1 year ago.  It's Alfred Angelo dream in color claret color.  I love it but for some reason I've been

thinking about getting another dress and I have no idea why. 

Answers

• Don't worry about it.  If you loved your dress when you bought it, you will love it on your day.  It's not worth the money to cancel your dress and order a new one.
  • I actually did just that. I bought my first dress last September. After bringing it home, I struggled with it for a while and found myself at a standstill with the rest of wedding planning. It was gorgeous, but didn't fit the overall "look and feel" we wanted. A big ivory ballgown with a champagne sash just didn't seem to fit our outdoor, non-tuxedo look... not to mention the dress is super heavy and would have been such a challenge on what I anticipate will be a hot August day. Once I found my 2nd dress, I knew it was the one and never looked back. My biggest advice to you... don't start looking again. At this point, we're so close to our wedding month that looking at additional dresses will cause lots of stress and anxiety... something you certainly don't need. I lost about a month and a half of sleep over my own dress dilemma. As mentioned, if you loved it when you bought it, odds are it will be just right on your day. :) 
  • Thank you for your replies. I know the wedding is so close I wouldn't have time or the money to buy another dress.  We are also having an outdoor wedding but the guys are wearing tuxes.  I never really thought about giving my fiance the chance not to wear one.  He's definitely not the formal kind. 

• I didn't put in my last comment I think it has to do with the dress not fitting exactly like it did the day I bought it.  Our wedding was postponed because I got pregnant and our son is now 7 months old. If I could find time to work out and lose at least 10 lbs I would feel better.  I don't know if losing that much weight is possible in such short time.

• I sometimes feel regret towards my dress because as I have attended fittings now and I realize how HOT I'm going to be with such a heavy dress (a-line, three layers of satin and tulle, billowing fabric down the back) love the dress, just not sure it is ideal for that time of year.  I also went as far as to buy a second dress and had a moment where I was going to wear it (complete opposite of my first dress), but quickly came to my senses and donated the second dress.  I couldn't bring myself to break it to my mom and the dress now has sentimental value to me even though I haven't even worn it for the big day yet.

Good luck with your feelings, they are completely normal and I think a lot of brides struggle with this, as you often order the dress so early on in the planning process before other details are decided.
  • I've been considering a second dress for the reception as mine is a very heavy dress too. I'm not sure about it though.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Nope. I love my dress and I can't wait to wear it! It's still in alterations :( 
  • I had decided to stick with my dress BUT I went to David's bridal for my bridesmaid dress and as soon as I walked in I seen this beautiful Vera Wang dress.  It's brand new for fall 2013 collection and I knew I had to try it on.  It is an amazing elegant dress I ended up purchasing it in ivory with an apple jeweled sash. this is the link   http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Organza-Gown-with-Draped-Bodice-and-Tulle-Skirt-VW351178_Bridal-Gowns-Features-All-Gowns. the flower sash is separate.  I originally had bought an Alfred Angelo white and claret gown,  which is now posted on craigslist.  I'm so glad David's Bridal was able to get my dress in on time on such short notice

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards