July 2013 Weddings

Worst hair trial. Ever. And then Good stuff.

My grandmother wanted her stylist, who she's been going to for 7 years, to do the hair dos for the wedding for me, the 4 BM's, herself, and my Mom. I've talked to her on the phone twice, she's wonderful, seemed to have a really good sense of what I wanted done, etc. I was really excited to meet with her. 

So I head down to her house, where she runs her business, which is an hour away from my house. On the way, I realize that I've somehow lost her address. So I call her and leave her a few messages "Hey, Barb! This is Ellen! I'm so sorry but I've lost your address. I know how to get to the area where you are, but hopefully you can call me so I can figure out which house is yours. Thank you!" I probably left her... ohh... four messages like that?

Finally, I get into the town, I find the vicinity of her place, and then I see a salon. I figured they would probably know where she was, so I poked my head in and said "Hi! I'm looking for Barbara Foster. Do you know where she is?" and the salon stylist looks at me funny, and says "she's not here..." and I said "Oh! Ok, well can you tell me which house is hers?" and she said "Well... it's the one over there... but Barbara is dead. her obituary is right there on the counter. Do you still need your hair done? I'll be done with this client in about 20 minutes."

After some hemming, some hawing, and some serious shock, I left. I called my grandmother to let her know. She was out playing bridge, so I told my grandfather. He told her when she got back. I felt so stupid. Seriously, I didn't know what the right way was to react in that situation. it was just a really sudden thing and no one saw it coming. She has kids about my age and grandchildren who are very young. I feel so bad for them! 

::sigh:: so that was what happened to me yesterday! 

In other news, we met with the pastor :) he had us take one of those compatibility tests, and apparently FI and I are very well suited for each other. So that's good! In more news, my mother gave me the complete list of the guests, and who has RSVP'd and who hasn't. Then, this morning, I finally got word that my dress is being shipped this weekend! Yay! 

Re: Worst hair trial. Ever. And then Good stuff.

• drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

Um, with my most heartfelt regrets, my first reaction was to laugh. Only because you cannot make that kind of stuff up and that's basically some awful luck! Well, RIP hair lady :(

We took a compatibility test too but haven't got the results back. I tend over-analyze so I told FI that I'd probably come back profiled as a serial killer or something.

Did you find another hair dresser? Did you have a trial yet? Also yay on the RSVPs :)

• Wow! Dead? That's crazy. When was the last time you talked to her? RIP to her. Hope you are able to find another stylist. And Yay for getting the list of guest and who has RSVP'd
  • drg424 said:

Um, with my most heartfelt regrets, my first reaction was to laugh. Only because you cannot make that kind of stuff up and that's basically some awful luck! Well, RIP hair lady :(

We took a compatibility test too but haven't got the results back. I tend over-analyze so I told FI that I'd probably come back profiled as a serial killer or something.

Did you find another hair dresser? Did you have a trial yet? Also yay on the RSVPs :)

omg, I know! I was doing the same thing most of the way back to my house - I felt so guilty, but at the same time, what can you really do? I've booked an appointment for a trial next Friday. 

I had the same worries about it... I was like "I'm going to come out of this looking like the most self-esteem depleted, pathetic, anxious mess!" But it turns out, I'm not :)

Pam, the last time i talked to her was last Thursday. She had just had an emergency surgery a few weeks prior to that, but she said she was totally ready to go back to work, excited to do the wedding, etc. But then... I guess she wasn't. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards