Wedding Party

Wedding Party Letter

Does anyone have any sample letters that they sent to their wedding party with a timeline enclosed? I need to send a timeline to our wedding party but I would like to send a letter with it.

Thanks!

Answers

• No, I can't say that I did.  Do you mean a timeline for the day of the wedding?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

I emailed our wedding party (and their SO's, as everyone rode in the limo) the schedule for the day.

That's it.

What kind of letter are you talking about?

• I'm just talking about a letter - kind of like a cover letter - to send with the timeline.
  • shhuber said:
    I'm just talking about a letter - kind of like a cover letter - to send with the timeline.

What information would you want to include in the letter?  Again, is this for a day-of timeline?  If so, I think just a nice message thanking them for their love and support would be appropriate.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • itzMSitzMS member
    edited June 2013

Aren't the wedding party members your best friends and family? What's so complicated about your wedding? Why do you need to address them in a cover letter?

This isn't rocket science!

But sorry if I'm missing your point...

"Hey guys!

Here's the plan for the wedding. Guys be at our house 123 Main Street by 11:30 to finish getting dressed and carpool to the church. Ladies be at XYZ Salon 456 Center Street by 10:00 for our hair appointment. We'll get dressed at the church afterwards.

Love,

Shhuber and FI"

• A cover letter sounds so.....stuffy. This is your wedding, in which your closest friends and family are participating, not a business dinner with corporate bigwigs. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • itzMSitzMS member
    Dear wedding party,

Enclosed is a general outline of our ceremony.  Before we begin this new stage of our lives, Mike and I want to thank each of you for being a part of our day.  You are so special to us, and we wouldn't dream of taking our first steps into our journey as husband and wife without you standing beside us.

Your friendship has meant everything to us over the years. We hope that the bonds we make in marriage also strengthen the love we have for each of you as well.

The general outline is exactly that - and outline.  Don't be worried or nervous, because nothing will "go wrong" on this day of days.  There can be no "mistakes" on this day, because nothing can change the fact that we will become husband and wife when it's all over.  If you stumble walking down the aisle, the cake tilts or or someone spills wine on their dress - SO WHAT! That's life.

We love you all.
    Sue and Mike

I'm kind of hoping this is intended as sarcasm...?

I honestly would think the couple is absolutely nuts if I received something like this.

• What's meatworld?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Just a guess, but I think it's real life land, @AddieL73. Like her real life friends call her by it, but people on the internet don't.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I figured it was something like that. I just have never heard real life called meatworld, so I was curious where that came from!

• I sent an email to my party because they asked for a timeline and because I had a weird split reception.

I think Retread's letter is a lovely example of what you can include with a timeline if you chose to be formal about it, but keep in mind that you can be casual too.  
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    itzMS said:
    Dear wedding party,

Enclosed is a general outline of our ceremony.  Before we begin this new stage of our lives, Mike and I want to thank each of you for being a part of our day.  You are so special to us, and we wouldn't dream of taking our first steps into our journey as husband and wife without you standing beside us.

Your friendship has meant everything to us over the years. We hope that the bonds we make in marriage also strengthen the love we have for each of you as well.

The general outline is exactly that - and outline.  Don't be worried or nervous, because nothing will "go wrong" on this day of days.  There can be no "mistakes" on this day, because nothing can change the fact that we will become husband and wife when it's all over.  If you stumble walking down the aisle, the cake tilts or or someone spills wine on their dress - SO WHAT! That's life.

We love you all.
    Sue and Mike

I'm kind of hoping this is intended as sarcasm...?

I honestly would think the couple is absolutely nuts if I received something like this.

@Retread....is this sarcasm? I hope not because Im a sentimental wush wash and I think this letter is wonderful!  I would be touched to receive this special note of appreciation and validation...with a pinch of encouragement! Very sweet!

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    @Retread...ooops....somehow missed your post! Glad it was real! Love it! :)

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • Thanks everyone... I'm not trying to be stuffy about it and I realize it isn't rocket science... just wanted something casual and an example or two to get me going. E-mail is not an option because I have a few in the wedding party that do not have/check their e-mail addresses or have any sort of social media. I have several groomsmen that are extremely unorganized and don't know the first thing about being in a wedding or what it entails... so I do need to send something out to them with times and locations (especially since they are all out of town) and I wanted a letter that went with it thanking them for being a part of our lives.

@RetreadBride... THANK YOU! Your letter was exactly what I was looking for.

• gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I think Retread's letter is lovely and that it's nice you want to make sure everyone is informed so that they aren't stressing out later.
  • I sent an email with a time line for everyone, even our parents which everyone seemed to appreciated because they knew what to expect and when on our wedding day. I just did a simple breakdown. I did personalize them as the parents didn't need all the same details the bridal party needed as the guys only needed to know their schedule and the same for the girls.

9:00 AM Hair salon for girls that are going

10:30 AM Limo pickup

11:00 AM Meet at church to get dressed (not all my girls were getting hair professional done)

1:00 PM Ceremony

etc.

The more informed you keep people of things the less people you will have bothering you on your wedding day or earlier with repeated questions about where do we need to be, what is going on with photos, what time is this. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards