August 2013 Weddings

Shower!

My shower is tomorrow. I'm so excited!!!! Has everyone had theres yet?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shower!

• Mine is on 7/13. I can't wait!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine's tomorrow too!  I'm really excited but also a little nervous about opening gifts in front of everyone.  I'm definitely a better gift giver then receiver.
  • have fun!!! I had a blast at mine, it was last saturday! I'm similar to @audubonbride2013 in that i'm a much better gift giver, but everyone was so excited to see the gifts they had gotten me that I was super excited opening all of them :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have a great time!! Mine was 2 weeks ago and it was wonderful. Opening the gifts *is* weird ... everyone is staring, lol! But I still had a blast.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Mine was 2 weeks ago as well - it was a blast! Although it did feel very awkward sitting there opening gifts as everyone watched. But it was great getting to see so many loved ones.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 123 Invited
    image 96 Are ready to party
    image 27 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are undecided
  • have fun . mine is july 14th i cant wait
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• Honestly I think opening gifts like that in front of everyone should be recognized more as a rite of passage... it is SO awkward! I felt like I was RACING through as to not make everyone bored, but also didn't want to rush and seem not appreciative! I am SO glad there is only one shower for me! PHEW!!!
  • lisabeats said:
    Honestly I think opening gifts like that in front of everyone should be recognized more as a rite of passage... it is SO awkward! I felt like I was RACING through as to not make everyone bored, but also didn't want to rush and seem not appreciative! I am SO glad there is only one shower for me! PHEW!!!
    @lisabeats I was the exact same way!  It seemed like people were getting bored of all the presents, but at the same time I wanted to show my appreciation.  I definitely moved very quickly and my BMs and I had a really good system going.  I'm also thankful that there's only one shower for me!
  • Mine is July 14th also! My sister just finally told me where they are having it (a winery) but the rest is a surprise still, I'm really excited! Nervous about the present opening part too though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I am with you ladies-the present opening was tiring! I'm so grateful but it was a lot of pressure trying to fully show my appreciation but alao keep things moving. My flower girls (3 and 5) "helped" with the wrapping paper and that was a nice way to deflect some attention!
  • Yes opening gifts was akward! I love giving gifts, but always feel bad getting them. I tried to tell everything thank you at least 2 or 3 times. I was so worried people thought I was greedy or they were bored.

Overall I thought it went well! Had a good turnout. My younger sister (MOH) planned 4 games and I know people don't like games, but everyone played along and hopefully they weren't too annoyed.

This one game...omg I wanted to die. Apparantely in the invites she told everyone to bring a pair of underwear. They hung them all on a clothes like and I had to guess who brought which pair. I thought it would have been much more bachelorette party appropriate. I was pretty mortified because there were a couple guests (good friends with FMIL) that I'd never even met and here they are buying my underwear. But, she's very young hasn't been to many weddings let alone been in one and I know she meant well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh my gosh @rel1988 I had a panty activity at mine too! Right before it happened my mom whispered really quickly "you're not going to like this part!" At least the guests didn't provide the panties, but my MOH read the "panty poem" and presented panties meant to last throughout my married life, from a black thong for the honeymoon to granny panties for old age. It was cute, and I tried not to let on how uncomfortable I was, but I really wish she'd saved it for the bachelorette. I'm pretty private about bedroom stuff.
  • Ahh!! What's with then underwear! It was mortifying. I'm still embarassed about it.

....But I do have 22 new pairs of undies :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think I'm having a shower since I don't have a ton of family, his is all in CA and we are in TX.  My girlfriends here in TX have a Bachelorette planned for July 27th!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • rel1988 said:

Ahh!! What's with then underwear! It was mortifying. I'm still embarassed about it.

....But I do have 22 new pairs of undies :)

Nice! The panty poem only came with 8.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards