October 2013 Weddings

Hostess Gifts

Anyone been thinking about what to get the hostess of your shower (or any other part of the wedding festivities that are being hosted in your honor?)

Am I right in assuming that you bring the gift with you to the gathering and thank the host personally right?  
S'mores. Just S'mores please.

Re: Hostess Gifts

• That's what I did. I gave them the gifts before the party started and thanked them for all their hard work.

I'm not sure what we'll get our parents for the wedding, but we know we definitely want to get them something as a "thank you for everything" present.
  • I haven't really thought about gifts either...

My shower is a "surprise" - but I think I know when it is.  My bridesmaids are the ones throwing it. I'd really throw them through a loop if I showed up with a thank you gift ;) - probably get in trouble too...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah I'm struggling with hostess gifts...I have 5 cousins & one aunt hosting my shower AND one of the cousins is actually allowing us to have our wedding at her home...no clue what to give any of them!
  • I am at a loss too ladies.  FMIL is hosting and she enjoys trying new drinks so I may get her some artisan rum that is made locally.  That's the extent of my ideas. 
  • wine? just lots of wine???
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• wine? just lots of wine???
    This would work for everyone except my 80+ year old grandmothers...
    gin then? lol
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Flowers are always nice - a bouquet delivered the day after would be a sweet surprise.

• I gave my hostesses gift cards to massage envy, all 3 were very excited to receive them.
  • I love the wine idea! Can you get your grandmothers gift cards to the movies - and you will go with them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LOL @ Snippet17  you are dead on...no wine? no cheese? not normal!
  • Re: Flowers. That gave me an idea. Maybe even en Edible Arrangement delivered the next day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did a really cute gift set from Bath and Body Works. It looks like everything was in a little tub. In the little card I included I put "From my shower to yours" kind of cheesy, but I think they liked it, 
  • My shower is one week away...I think I'm going to get them each a bottle of wine and some tins of the homemade lip balm that I made for everyone at Christmas that they are saying they are running low on. And a very nice card for each...unless I come up with some other awesomeness idea between now and Friday evening lol!
  • I'm not familiar with giving hostess gifts for the people throwing your shower. My shower is in a few weeks and my mom and bridesmaids are hosting it. I just thought that the gifts at the rehearsal dinner was the time to give gifts. I've asked a few people in my area (NJ) and no one has heard of this either. I've read mixed things on line also. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to look rude, by not giving anything, but don't want to give extra gifts. Thanks!
  • The gifts you might give at the rehearsal dinner are a thank you to them for being in your wedding. The hostess gifts are a thank you for the shower. If you know about it beforehand (ie it's not a surprise shower), then you should thank them. It doesn't have to be a "major" present (a bottle of wine is a great idea) but a thank you gift & card is a good idea (and polite).
  • Thanks. I have some ideas for a little something to give.
  • My shower was this weekend, and I gave them all personalized hangers. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards