Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Destination Wedding

We are planning on doing a small destination wedding (approx. 25 guests). Do we register or because it's destination, is it looked down on?

Re: Destination Wedding

• Options

I would still register.  There are going to be some people who are not invited to the wedding who will still want to get you a gift, because they care about you.  When I give a wedding gift, I would greatly prefer for it to be something the person will actually use and enjoy.  So I always shop off the registry.

That being said, only give the registry info if people specifically ask for it.  Don't talk about it like it is an expectation that people go buy you a gift.  But that is what you were going to do anyways, right?

• Options
    It would be looked down upon if you eloped or had a "private" wedding, and a huge registry. A destination wedding is inconvenient, but you still have invited guests who may want to give you something. Keep in mind of course, that they are spending A LOT to attend your wedding, so it would behoove you to keep your choices modest.
  • Options
    If you want/need physical items, it's fine to do a registry.  Just keep it small.  Putting 100+ items with 25 invitees is going to look like you are expecting a lot of gifts.

If you don't really need anything or would prefer cash, feel free to skip it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards