Registry and Gift Forum

Was invited to a shower but I don't know the bride?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Was invited to a shower but I don't know the bride?

• I would say yes. Even though you don't know her very well, your friend believed it was important enough to have you on the list to invite. Maybe he's hoping that would give you a chance to know her better (ie- through games, etc.). I would find a way to tell her personally that you are sorry you couldn't make it but you had a prior engagement. I would then ask for an address to send the gift. It doesn't have to be something big and fancy, find some towels, picture frames, etc off their registry and send that. :)
  • Only if you want to. I don't usually send gifts if I can't attend a party unless I'm really close to the person. You'll give them a wedding gift, so it's not like you're completely leaving them giftless. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I only send a gift if I can't attend a shower AND the guest of honor is a close friend/family member. If I don't even know the person, nope. 
  • Hmmmm. I wonder why OP left us. Very odd. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards