August 2013 Weddings

Surprise Shower!

I was told my shower was going to be on the 30th. I'm definitely not an easy person to surprise, so I figured either it wasn't going to be a surprise or they were just trying to throw me off. I live in MA, but had some appointments scheduled for the weekend, so my fiance and I were staying with my parents in NJ. I had some strong suspicions that it was going to be this past weekend and when my mom told me we had brunch reservations on Sunday, I was convinced.  Then my sister (who lives in VA) showed up out of nowhere! so I figured it HAD to be this weekend, but then she said she was staying with my parents the whole week... so it was back to being a toss up.  I had my hair and makeup trials and dress fitting on Saturday and it was so nice to have my sister there! I was thinking all morning "I can't wait til tomorrow!" But I didn't want to let on that I knew because they obviously worked really hard to surprise me. Well, after my fitting I was getting dressed and one of the associates knocked on my door and said, "Excuse me, but I've been asked to tell you to put this on." And she proceeds to hand me the dress I bought for my shower!  Proving that even when I THINK I have them figured out, they still pull one over on me! FI was in cahoots the whole time and made sure everything I bought to wear to my shower was packed in my mom's trunk. How nice of them to make sure my hair and makeup were done too! :-)

They had planned a nice afternoon tea at the Hilton at Short Hills and it was so much fun! When it was over, we were figuring out whose car could fit all he presents and then I see my fiance walk in with an overnight bag. He hands it to me and says, "I'll miss you tonight." I had no idea what he was talking about. Turns out, my mom and sister had booked a suite for me and my bridesmaids and this was turning into my bachelorette party! I was a little nervous because FI and I are not really into the whole "Last night single/get drunk" kind of party. We just wanted to hang out with our friends and do something fun.  I kept telling myself my sister knows that and wouldn't disappoint me.  She definitely didn't! When we got to the room, there was a tray of champagne and strawberries and another one with popcorn and milk and cookies.  We were having a Slumber party! FI even went out and bought me new, cute PJs so I wouldn't have to wear the t-shirt and shorts I packed when I thought we'd be staying at my parents'. We rented movies, ate, drank, and chit chatted until none of us could keep our eyes open anymore.  (I also made sure to jump on the beds, of course!) The next morning, I thought we were going home, but I followed my girls past the front door into the spa, where they had booked mani/pedis for all of us. What a great way to end such an awesome day/night!

FI said I was smiling the whole ride back to MA.  Probably still am...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards