African American Weddings

going for a tasting

So me and the Mister are going for the food tasting today.. what are some things that need to be asked?

Als the wedding planner will be there, would it be wrong to ask how much it would cost to add an additional hour to the reception?

Daisypath - (PNE7)

Re: going for a tasting

• tirathemrstirathemrs member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    LeciaB  I would make sure they have enough food for everyone including those one or two ppl that might be extra (like me LOL) and how are they doing their servings to ensure everyone gets a portion of food (again for me LOL) and hopefully your planner can give you some good questions to ask since they are the professionals and asking for an addl hour shouldnt be a problem...(i might show up late so ill have more time to party!!!! LMAO)...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Is the tasting at the venue where the recpetion is being hosted at or is it outside catering ? If so..Ask them what's included in your meal. What all drinks come with the meal. If no pop/juice is included..how much extra for It. Are you doing buffet or plated ? Then ill be able to tell you.
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    @misstira.. I got you.. your plate amd your portion and I want to make sure you have more time to party..lol @mrsbad13 the tasting is at the place where the reception is being hosted, she gave us an idea of the menu... I think drinks (soft drinks) are included and its a buffet dinner

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Ok..make sure to ask how your salad will be served. Is it a extra cost to have wait staff serve guest. Can your BP be served at no extra cost ? What about drinks being served...are you having open bar ?
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    It is an open bar And anything else?

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Ok..that's all I could think of. You probably tasting by now..let us know how it was take pics of the food so you'll have something to go off of just in case they mess up like my venue did !
  • One thing I thought of was to ask about left over food. Will they provide some type of carry out? I will have boxes for folks to take leftover food. Hell, it's paid for, why waste it if there is plenty left for you and the guests. Past brides I know talked about all the leftovers they had to throw away. The ones I am getting are black boxes that are similar to Chinese take out boxes. I want err'thang I paid for!! LOL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    @missusd1116.. date twin why didnt you tell me that sooner....that was a great one

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • My bad date twin!  I was late I know.....  *in my Joseline voice* Hope you still lub me! LOL!

Still ask your caterer/venue about it though.  If they don't provide any, check out some resturant supply companies or Sams Club.  I think Oriental trading.com may have some???

Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards