Second Weddings
Options

HELP!!! Wedding ceremony at Belle Isle Fountain????

Hello Everyone...I am thinking about having my wedding ceremony at the Belle Isle fountain. My BF and I have been married before and have 2 kids each (both boys and a girl) and we have been together for 3 yrs and living together as well. We have already decided to just do it and get married because we "technically" are. I don't want an engagement or a big wedding because at 36 y/o and him 40 y/o doesn't seem practical to me. So I was thinking about a small, simple, laid back ceremony with our closest friends and family , which will make it maybe 40 ppl including us. Then going to lunch (everyone pays for their own meal) at Slows BarbQ restaurant in Corktown. Is this a bit too laid back? Like I said, we have been married before and although we would like a destination wedding for him and I, I think our kids should be there. Any ideas for something super simple and cute?

Re: HELP!!! Wedding ceremony at Belle Isle Fountain????

• Options
    As most of us won't know where that venue is, I recommend posting this on your local board. This board has members located across the country, if not the world. However, if you are planning on having any type of reception after your ceremony, you MUST host your guests, meaning should not pay for anythin. That means paying for their meals or just cake and punch- whatever you can afford. It is in poor taste to ask people to attend your ceremony and then make them pay for their meals afterwards. The whole point of a reception is to thank your guests for sharing in your day with you.

• Options
    If you invite guests to your ceremony you must host their meal, plan and simple you can opt to not host their cocktails.

As for the type of wedding you have, have what you want and can afford.  Many of us who are also older have opted to have the formal event and some also opted to have a JoP ceremony with a reception that followed, others went a more intimate route just them and their officiant on a beach or other intimate setting.  These weddings were what the couple wanted and are all very valid and of equal importance.  There is nothing silly or frivolous about having your ceremony and reception the way you want, be it quiet and laid back or formal with all the trimmings. 

You don't state the age of the kids but before assuming anything it would be great to ask them their opinion about attending your wedding.  Some children are not comfortable seeing their parent marry someone else. 
  • Options
    Go have a destination wedding just the two of you and the kids that way it turns into a family trip. Then if you want a small reception do a backyard bbq with close friends and family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards