Pre-wedding Parties

Sunday Wedding. Any Ideas activities that weekend?

We're getting married on a Sunday and have most of our family and friends traveling from out of town.  As a result, many of them will make a weekend out of the wedding and get into town Thurs, Fri, or Sat.  I have provided guests with suggestions for filling the time (restaurants, attractions, etc,) but would like to have a few low-key gatherings.  Any ideas on what to do?  What's the etiquette for who to invite to these events?  How can I commit to events but still have time to do any last minute tasks that might come up?

Re: Sunday Wedding. Any Ideas activities that weekend?

• I think your list of local restaurants and attractions is plenty. Don't make yourself or your guests to feel obligated to attend any other events, especially if they will cause you more stress as you're trying to finish last-minute arrangements.
  • agree with above. If they choose to come early for the wedding they will find ways to entertain themselves  (:
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    We're getting married on a Sunday and have most of our family and friends traveling from out of town.  As a result, many of them will make a weekend out of the wedding and get into town Thurs, Fri, or Sat.  I have provided guests with suggestions for filling the time (restaurants, attractions, etc,) but would like to have a few low-key gatherings.  Any ideas on what to do?  What's the etiquette for who to invite to these events?  How can I commit to events but still have time to do any last minute tasks that might come up?

Normally, I wouldn't suggest doing extra events. However, I'm not totally opposed to it. Do you have a wedding website? If so, you and FI could pre-plan a few places to go for drinks or dessert or bowling on Thursday-Saturday and put those on your website.

"Alkaufmann82 and FI will be at XYZ bar at 7:30 on Thursday evening. Stop by to say hello if you are in the area!"

• Our OOT guests who came early entertained themselves for the most part the few days before the wedding, but we did get together with everyone for lunch one day and all went out to a bar together another night. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • This sounds just like my wedding. We're also having it on a Sunday, Columbus Day weekend actually, and are planning a BBQ rehearsal dinner for everyone the night before. About 90% of our guests are from out of town so we didn't want to exclude them from the rehearsal. So we're just doing a very low key BBQ at a local park. Other than that I just included fun stuff to do in the area.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards