Pre-wedding Parties

Hotel for wedding guests

I wasn't sure what other board to post this, but I figured, people will be at the hotel, pre-wedding, so I guess this counts?? lol

I am getting married next year, but trying to knock some things off my to-do list. I want to call around to some of the hotels in the area for prices and all that, but of course I cannot think of anything I should ask when I call.  I was just wondering if anyone could throw out some ideas of what else I could ask, other than prices to decide on a hotel for my guests!

Thanks!

Re: Hotel for wedding guests

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Allie2185 said:
    I wasn't sure what other board to post this, but I figured, people will be at the hotel, pre-wedding, so I guess this counts?? lol

I am getting married next year, but trying to knock some things off my to-do list. I want to call around to some of the hotels in the area for prices and all that, but of course I cannot think of anything I should ask when I call.  I was just wondering if anyone could throw out some ideas of what else I could ask, other than prices to decide on a hotel for my guests!

Thanks!

Hotel room blocks don't really do much nowadays. So it's not really a big deal.

Just call the 2-3 hotels closest to your venue and ask to create a wedding room block (the local number, not the 1-800 reservations number). Make sure that the hotel will email you the information so you have a record of it, just in case.

You shouldn't have to pay anything upfront...so if they ask for a credit card number, don't reserve there.

• Ask what variety of rooms they will have for people to book (like my guests have the option of 2 queen beds or 1 king bed). Do they have continental breakfast? Are they aware of any big events going on the weekend of your wedding? (If so, you may want to give people a heads up so they don't wait til last minute to book, this happened at my FSIL wedding and it turned ugly..)  Will they give you any sort of discount? Also, I would recommend if possible to have two options for hotels to your guests, then if it is a busy weekend in town you have a larger block of rooms set aside for you.
  • Also, make sure you won't be responsible for any portion of rooms that aren't rented out.
  • thank you all !! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards