Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Gel Manicure

So I am thinking about doing my own nails for my wedding using my sister's LED lamp. The problem is that I can't find a gel color that I'm crazy about. I read online that there are ways you can use a gel base and a regular nail polish and I was wondering if anyone has tried this and if it works. Thanks!

Re: Gel Manicure

• Options
    Ive tried it before and it does work . its just a bit of a pain in the ass to get off your nails. Def does work though
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    miclanmiclan member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    ok thanks! I think I'll give it a try when I see her next month and see how well it works for me :)
  • Options
    I was thinking of doing the same thing, and I've had it done before! Definitely worth it...or you can just let your nails naturally grow nice :) 
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ETA: I see @stagemanager14 answered my question- soak nails in acetone to remove.

My nail polish remover doesn't have any, but I have a bottle of straight up acetone.  I paint 15mm-28mm figures for miniature tabletop wargaming, and sometimes I super glue my damn fingers together when assembling the figs.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    If you gals use one of the at home kits, do you really like it?  Does it work out as well as having a gel manicure done in a salon?

I was considering getting my sister the Sally Hansen one if it actually works as well as it is supposed to.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    @stagemanager14 Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards