Moms and Maids

maids/groommens gifts

I am doing for maids gifts their brooch for the dress and maybe bracelet not sure yet a wine glass hangers with their names flip flops

for the guys a beer glass cigar and probably a cigar cutter

anybody have any other suggestions for gifts? I dont mind diy self things either I rather something like that

I am not looking to spend an arm or a leg either

thanks

Re: maids/groommens gifts

• KJirasKJiras member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    The #1 suggestion you will get here is to shop for your girls like it's their birthday and get them something just for them that is not related to your wedding. While it may be pretty for the day, a brooch for their bridesmaid dress may not really be something they can wear again. 

I'm sure you've got your wedding style on the brain, plus you are shopping for multiple friends at once all at or about the same price point but do try to individualize it. If you are thinking jewelry and they are the kinda girls who appreciate that type of gift maybe you can find a local shop that can make a piece for each depending on their personal style/what they wear and not necessarily in the colors of your wedding. Maybe one girl love drop earrings, and another would love a bracelet, etc.

The nicest thing I ever received as a bridesmaid was a thoughtful note from the bride about our friendship and how she felt about me sharing in her day. She gave me a gift along with it but the card is what I remember. 

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

• I am doing for maids gifts their brooch for the dress and maybe bracelet not sure yet a wine glass hangers with their names flip flops

for the guys a beer glass cigar and probably a cigar cutter

anybody have any other suggestions for gifts? I dont mind diy self things either I rather something like that

I am not looking to spend an arm or a leg either

thanks
    Ditto KJiras. 

The brooch for the dress is not a gift for them if you expect them to wear it for your wedding; that's a gift for you. Do they all wear bracelets?  If not, they will not like bracelets. One random wine glass would not appeal to me at all. When, other than your wedding day to hang my dress on, would I need/want a hanger with my name on it?  Flip flops? As a gift to someone?  A single random beer glass would no appeal to my husband. Do these men smoke cigars on a regular basis? If not, what need will they have of a cigar cutter?

You need to shop for people individually. And why are YOU thinking of what to give the groomsmen?  That's for your fiance to decide. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Ditto Addie. Spot on advice.
  • I'm in the same spot'! It's hard!!! I did get the girls all a massage the day before if that helps. I still am stuck on what to get mom dad and maid of honor.
  • I am kind of in the same situation.  I am getting my maids these really cool wine and beverage glasses (for those that do not drink) that are decorated and matching it to their individual personalities and maybe some jewelry that will go with their dresses from like Clarie's or something that they can wear even after the wedding.  My FI doesn't have a clue what to get.  It's really not your decision but the best advice you could have been told was to shop like it is their birthday.  You do not have to get them the same thing.  You can get them a nice robe with their names they can use after the wedding if you want to get them all the same things are Bridesmaids shirts (even though this is really a day of gift, they could wear it to bed or out if they wanted)   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards