Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Vendor Reviews

Dress: The Wedding Shoppe: A-

They were a little pushy the first time I was there. My mom couldn't make it so I did not want to buy that day. The sales lady did not understand. However, the when I came in with my mom a few days later, they were much better. I was disappointed in their selections though. They didn't have too many dresses to try on. They have a lot on-line but not in store as far as styles go

Tuxes: The Wedding Shoppe: D

The quality of the tuxes were perfect. The customer service was beyond horrible. They do not know how to measure there. When we went to pick up the tuxes, they ordered my husband two sizes too big in the coat and one size too big in the pants. Not a big deal- what made me mad was the fact that they tried to convince him it fit him. It wasn't until someone told them he was the groom that they actually decided to do something. I am disappointed that they weren't going to initially order a new tux. They should treat everyone the same. 

Venue- Wabasha Street Caves: A

They were amazing to work with. They were very flexible on when we would be able to set up that day. The tours were a hit! Everyone loved them and they made the venue so much more special than it already was! The bartenders and parking attendants were amazing as well!

Caterer- Kanes Catering: A+

They did a fabulous job. The food was fantastic and the service during the reception was beyond what I could have hoped for. They are very reasonably priced and the customer service from them cannot be beat!

Photographer- Michael Anderson Photography: A+++++

Michael and Joanne cannot be beat. They were perfect. From the initial meeting to the day of, I couldn't have asked for better photographers. I would recommend them to anyone. They were flexible on where we could take pictures and were up for anything. The did an amazing slide show (you should look into this- it is not the typical slide show- it's so much better)! 

DJ- Midwest Sound: A

They were great. They were able to successfully mix country, hard rock and music kids would like. They were very friendly and helpful. The only thing that bummed me out was that we asked them for the bubble machine and glow sticks (they call them "enhancements"). We did not pay for them (we won them as a prize at the Twin Cities Bridal Fair), so I wasn't too upset that they didn't use them. But if we had paid for them I would be mad that they were not used. 

Hair & Makeup- Blast Blow Dry Bar: A++++

They were perfect. They got everyone (15 people) in and out within 2 hours. They were friendly and clearly knew what they were doing. They were able to get the flower girl (3 years old) to sit and let them do her hair. They allowed us to bring in food and beverages. 

Hotel Block- The Saint Paul Hotel: A

They were very friendly and accommodating. We only had a few out of town guests but they said they loved the SPH.

Cake and Grooms Cake: Miss Sara's Cakery: A++++

She went above and beyond what we asked. I asked her to do a yoda grooms cake and it was PERFECT!!! She did our wedding cake/cupcakes and that turned out amazing too. The flavors were perfect ant the price/service cannot be beat. I would recommend her to anyone! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards